Sunday, August 16, 2015

Blogger Interview | Olivia of Fluttering Pages!

Hey guys! Today I have an interview with the amazing Olivia from Fluttering Pages here on my blog! I highly suggest checking her out. Her blog is awesome and I've actually been following it for a while now! :)

Hi!  I'm Olivia from Fluttering Pages.  I love to read and review Young Adult books, and some of my favorite genres are Dystopian, Fantasy, Contemporary and Sci-Fi.  I always have my nose in a book and love to talk books with fellow book lovers.  Come by and say hi!
And a huge thank you to Kyrstianna for letting me hang out here today!

Book or e-copy?
I’m definitely a real book gal.  Even though I read e-books sometimes, there’s nothing like a real book.  

Library or book store?

Definitely book store.  For as much as I’ve always read, I’ve never gone to the library much.  I just love having the book and knowing that I can reread it over and over again.  

If you were in a book, which type of character would you be?
I feel like this is a really hard question to answer about yourself.  So, I asked a close friend of mine what kind of character I would be.
“You're a super sweet nice person.  You would always try to do the right thing. So you're either the heroic MC or you die early on.”
That was a totally sweet answer!  In that case, I hope I’d be the MC.    

If you could live in any possible genre, which would you choose and why?

I’m going to surprise myself with this one and say Sci-Fi.  You get to live in a cool world and still experience awesome stuff and have SOME chance of survival.  If you pick Fantasy, as awesome as it is, it pretty much guarantees death and destruction.  I could totally picture myself living in the Lunar Chronicles world.  

If you could meet any one author, who would you meet and why?

Ally Carter.  She’s not a super popular author like Sarah J. Maas or Marissa Meyer.  But, I’ve been reading her books for so long and they mean a lot to me.  I feel like I would have the most to say to her and to thank her for.

Besides reading, what are some of your other favorite hobbies?
I like Sewing and Knitting.  I also LOVE listening to music and going to concerts.  Also, Shopping (of course).   

What's your favorite genre of music? Your favorite bands?
Okay.  I like a lot of music.  And my music taste is probably different from most teenage girls.  My favorite genre would have to be Rock.  My all-time favorite band is Linkin Park.  I also love Three Days Grace, Seether, Papa Roach, and Evanescence. 
But I also love Maroon 5, Paramore, and Fall Out Boy. 

What's your favorite book to movie adaptation?
Definitely the Hunger Games.  The movies are just so amazing.  I feel like they’ve taken the characters even farther than the book and done so many amazing things for this series.  They haven’t just made a good “adaptation” but they’ve taken the characters, the world, and made brilliant movies.  They’ve not just adapted it, they’ve expanded it.

Who's your favorite author?
I have a lot of favorite authors, and one of them is definitely Ally Carter.  Her books just have a lot of sentimental value for me. 
But I also love Sarah J. Maas, Marissa Meyer, Jennifer L. Armentrout and Rick Riordan. 

Do you like to listen to music or snack on food  while you read, or do you like it really quiet?

I like to have music on in the background.  I have three younger siblings, so I’ve learned to do pretty much anything amidst chaos.  Nowadays, I prefer to do things with something going in the background, whether it’s music or the TV. 
I usually don’t eat while I’m reading just because then I have trouble holding the book and turning the pages and eating at the same time.   I’m not opposed to it though, as long as it’s just a snack and not anything too messy.  

If you were allowed to have a party and you could invite any three book characters, which three book characters would you invite and why?
Celaena Sardothien from Throne of Glass, because Celaena is awesome and I love her.  She’s so strong an independent and kick butt.  We definitely share a mutual love of reading and honestly, Celaena really needs a friend. 

Finnick Odair from The Hunger Games because I LOVE HIM SO MUCH.  This is my party and I can invite anyone I want.  When I first read The Hunger Games, I really liked Finnick but I wasn’t obsessed with him.  Now, the more time has passed, the more I grow to love Finnick.  I am a total Finnick fangirl now.   

Percy Jackson.  I just love Percy so much.  If I was having a party, I couldn’t NOT invite him! 
Also, this is my party, so I’m making a rule.  Everyone can bring a plus one.  Celaena would bring Sam (because ANY book character), Finnick brings Annie, and Percy would bring Annabeth.  BAM.  Now I get to meet Sam, Annie, and Annabeth too.

I would also really love to invite Cammie, Bex, Macey, and Liz from the Gallagher Girls series so they could teach me awesome kick butt spy stuff. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all of the questions, Olivia! :)

Olivia's Links:
Fluttering Pages

Goodreads
Google Plus

Bloglovin'

1 comment:

  1. Great interview! I cannot wait to check out Olivia's blog! I am a huge Sarah J Maas fan too! :) I am actually going to meet her at a book signing in September!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!