Sunday, August 9, 2015

Blogger Interview | Kitty from My Little Corner for Books!

Hey guys! Today I have an awesome interview with the wonderful Kitty of My Little Corner for Books!

My pseudonym is Kitty. I chose Kitty because I love X-Men and Kitty Pryde is one of my favorites. I don't have many hobbies but I enjoy watching TV, cooking, and (of course) reading. I started My Little Corner For Books back in October of 2014. The main reason why I started the blog was to motivate myself to continue reading and finish all the books on my shelf. One of my friends on Goodreads started a blog and I was later inspired to start my own. I finally started one, after I convinced myself I was not doing this for the arcs (advanced readers copies). I also have a co-blogger, Fari, who joined me later that year. She has been an awesome co-blogger  I attended the RT Convention this past May and had a ton of fun. I got to meet so many authors and got a bunch of free books and swag! It was my first time attending a book convention and will not be my last!

1. Hardcover or paperback? 
For my bookshelf, I prefer hardcovers because they are so pretty lined up together on my shelf. However, I do enjoy paperbacks more for reading. 

2. Book or e-copy? 
Book, I do not own that many e-books because I get distracted when reading e-books.

3. Library or book store? 
Most definitely, the book store! I do use the library a lot, though I finish about half of the books I borrow. There are just so many options, I want to take the whole library home. 

4. New books or used books? 
I tend to buy used books because they are so much cheaper than new books. I will pre-order sometimes, but I rarely buy new books. 

5. If you were in a book, which type of character would you be? 
I would probably be the best friend. I'm not too keen on the spotlight. 

6. Would you want the book you were featured in to be turned into a movie? Who would play you? 
The actor would be Asian but no one in the media really looks or acts like me so. . . 

7. If you could live in any possible genre, which would you choose and why? 
Fantasy, I would want to live in the Shadowhunter world please. 

8. If you could meet any one author, who would you meet and why? 
Cassandra Clare. Her books got me into reading so it would be so amazing to meet her. 

9. If there was a book about your life, what would it be called? 
No idea. . . 

10. Which character in a novel most resembles you and why? 
Well, there are not that many good Asians Americans main characters in YA so once again no idea. 

11. How many times have you read your favorite book and will you read it again? 
Honestly, I do not re-read that much because I do not have the time. I have read Princess Diaries three or four times. 

12. Besides reading, what are some of your other favorite hobbies? 
Cooking is relaxing, I do not have many hobbies. 

13. What's your favorite book to movie adaptation? 
Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire. 

14. What's your favorite book cover color? 
I like red covers. 

15. How do you organize your books on your bookshelf? 
I change this all the time, but right now they are organized by read and my tbr pile. I tried to put my tbr pile in a rainbow. 

16. What's your favorite genre of music? Your favorite bands? 
Pop, Christian Contemporary, Soundtracks, and sometimes Broadway musicals. Favorite bands/ singers are Taylor Swift, Hillsong United, Demi Lovato, Maroon 5 and Ed Sheeran.   

17. Who are some of your favorite bloggers or booktubers? 
I follow a lot of blogs, but my favorites are Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books, Cait @ Paperfury, Michelle @ A Thousand Lives Lived, Debby @ Snuggly Oranges, and Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales. My favorite booktubers are Christine @ Polandbananasbooks, Kat @ Katytastic, Natasha @ Tashapolis, Regan @ PeruseProject, and Sasha @ Abookutopia

18. What's your least favorite genre and why? 
I do not like horror at all. I am not a big fan of scary books at all and will not erotic. I do not think I need to expose myself to that. 

19. Who's your favorite author? 
Cassandra Clare. I adore all her books that she has written by herself. 

20. Do you like to listen to music or snack on food  while you read, or do you like it really quiet? 
I like a really quiet place to read, it is harder for me to concentrate when there is a lot of noise. 

21. How many books do you usually read at a time? 
Two or three at a time. I just can't stick to one. 

22. If you were allowed to have a party and you could invite any three book characters, which three book characters would you invite and why? 
Just three? That is hard. Simon from The Mortal Instruments because he is so sweet and he would tell us all his adventures with the shadowhunters. Adrian from Vampire Academy because he is sarcastic and he would be fun to hang out with because he is charming. Celaena from Throne of Glass. I would have her train me and after Simon is done telling us his adventures, we would listen to Celaena's stories. Plus, it would be really cool to hang out with her. 

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer all of these questions, Kitty!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely interview!! I use the library alot too...I used to read paperback's way more than ebooks, but lately that hasn't been the case. Kinda want to change that though, I miss reading my real "books"!! While reading I like it quiet or listening to instrumental music...but if there are a lot of distracting noises than I have a hard time concentrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the interview! I prefer the book store, since our library is just awful.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!