Monday, August 3, 2015

Blog Tour | Never Always Sometimes


Today I'm lucky enough to be part of the Never Always Sometimes book tour brought to you by the Fantastic Flying Book Club!



Never Always Sometimes
by Adi Alsaid
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: August 4th 2015
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction
Never date your best friend
Always be original
Sometimes rules are meant to be broken
Best friends Dave and Julia were determined to never be cliché high school kids—the ones who sit at the same lunch table every day, dissecting the drama from homeroom and plotting their campaigns for prom king and queen. They even wrote their own Never List of everything they vowed they'd never, ever do in high school.
Some of the rules have been easy to follow, like #5, never die your hair a color of the rainbow, or #7, never hook up with a teacher. But Dave has a secret: he's broken rule #8, never pine silently after someone for the entirety of high school. It's either that or break rule #10, never date your best friend. Dave has loved Julia for as long as he can remember.
Julia is beautiful, wild and impetuous. So when she suggests they do every Never on the list, Dave is happy to play along. He even dyes his hair an unfortunate shade of green. It starts as a joke, but then a funny thing happens: Dave and Julia discover that by skipping the clichés, they've actually been missing out on high school. And maybe even on love.
Never Always Sometimes is the perfect summer year. It follows two characters, Julia and Dave, who have just started their senior year of high school. The two of them have been best friends for the longest time, and a few years ago they had created a list of Nevers that they had to follow throughout high school. After one of them finds it, they decide that with their last year of school, they should completely do all of the Nevers. Every. Last. One. Of. Them. The novel follows the two of them as they do their best to accomplish all of their Nevers and deal with love.

I absolutely loved Julia. She was so spunky and crazy, which is so awesome to read about. I honestly which I was a little more like her, since I'm such a quiet person! I mean, sure, I have dyed my hair a crazy shade of blue ones (but only on the tips) but that's about as far out as I have been! Julia completely dyed her hair pink for one of the Nevers and decided to keep it that way, which was pretty respectable.

The friendship between Julia and Dave was great. The two of them always had each other's backs and they'd do anything for each other. I don't want to get too much into this one part of the book that really had me on edge, but I got so upset with Dave's decision towards the end of the book! He seemed like such a sweet guy, and I mean, he still was, but he just bothered me. I still love Dave though! For some reason, I was not very keen of Gretchen. I think it may be because I enjoyed Julia as a character so much.

I loved Adi Alsaid's writing style too. He has a pretty fantastic way of making the reader love characters in my opinion. I am looking forward to reading more by him in the future! I definitely need to check out Let's Get Lost.


"Human beings are more or less formulas. Pun intended. We are not any one thing that is mathematically provable. We are more or less than we are anything. We are more or less kind, or more or less not. More or less selfish, happy, wise, lonely."

"No point in living a life less ordinary if you don't know what the other side looks like."

"As long as we don't get turned into something that looks more like high school, more like everybody else and less like us, I'll be okay."

"I'm usually a bit awkward in houses that I haven't been to before, so it's a way to not look weird. If I find something I've read before it automatically makes me more comfortable."

"The best you can ever do is to leave the world a little better than found it."


 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg




Follow the Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid Blog Tour and don't miss anything! Click on the banner to see the tour schedule.



Adi Alsaid was born and raised in Mexico City, then studied at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. While in class, he mostly read fiction and continuously failed to fill out crossword puzzles, so it's no surprise that after graduating, he did not go into business world but rather packed up his apartment into his car and escaped to the California coastline to become a writer. He's now back in his hometown, where he writes, coaches high school and elementary basketball, and has perfected the art of making every dish he eats or cooks as spicy as possible. In addition to Mexico, he's lived in Tel Aviv, Las Vegas, and Monterey, California. A tingly feeling in his feet tells him more places will eventually be added to the list. Let's Get Lost is his YA debut.








5 comments:

  1. Great review Krystianna! I have been on edge about reading this one but I think I shall pick it up. :)

    Jamie @ Books and Ladders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww the friendship and the list of nevers sounds really wonderful! Julia sounds like a spunky character to read about. Fantastic review Krystianna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! The characters sounds fantastic! I have heard a lot of amazing things about this author. I need to add this one to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read his first book, yet, but I have heard good things!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so funny how opinions differ because every other review I've read has been negative...I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!