Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Blog Tour | Blackmail Boyfriend!

Hey guys! Today I'm part of the Blackmail Boyfriend blog tour! I'm so excited to share my review with all of you!

Blackmail Boyfriend
by Chris Cannon
Release Date: August 11, 2015
Entangled Teen: Crush

Sometimes, blackmail is the only weapon a girl has...
Haley Patterson has had a crush on golden boy Bryce Colton for ages. But then when she hears a rumor-Bryce is telling everyone that he hooked up with her. With Haley's reputation taking a nosedive, she gives Bryce a choice: be her boyfriend for a month or face the angry, cage-fighting boyfriend of the girl he actually did hook up with to show other guys that she's dateable-despite her overprotective and very intimidating brothers-or deal with the angry, cage-fighting boyfriend of the girl he actually did hook up with.
Bryce didn't know the other Haley even had a boyfriend. He was just trying to get his ex off his back. And now, not only is he being blackmailed, he's being blackmailed by an honor student. His new "girlfriend" has two three-legged dogs, her father mows grass at the country club, and she's... well, difficult. And different.
Besides, everyone knows that perfect boys never fall for imperfect girls... Sometimes, giving in is all a boy can do... Can something so fake turn into something real?


Buy Links:


As many of you know, I'm a huge fan of all of Entangled Crush's books. They're just so adorable and fun to read! They're literally perfect for any fan of young adult fiction. Blackmail Boyfriend was absolutely no exception.

The story follows a girl named Haley Patterson, who finds out that there's a rumor going around about her sleeping with the most popular guy in school. She can't believe it, especially because he's been her crush for the longest time. She meets up with him and asks him if he started it, and finds that there's another girl named Haley who happened to sleep with him but she gave him her name. Turns out the other Haley actually has a boyfriend, so Haley Patterson blackmails Bryce (the popular guy) into dating her for a few weeks so that she doesn't come off as a girl who sleeps around, because she doesn't.

I honestly found this book to be so great! I loved the relationship between Bryce and Haley. Haley was just so down to earth while Bryce was very much into his money and his belief that money brings happiness, since that's the way he was raised with his parents. He's pretty positive that his father only married his mother because her family was so wealthy. Haley definitely cracked him down and made him realize that there's more to life than money. She even brings him to the local shelter where she volunteers all the time. She even has some animals from there at her house.

The side characters were wonderful too. I loved Jane and Nathan. Jane was a pretty funny best friend and I did like that she was always there for Haley. Her little infatuation with Nathan at the beginning was funny too. Nathan is Bryce's best friend, who owns the country club that Haley's father always goes to in order to mow the lawn. It's just so wonderful that they all ended up becoming friends.

If you're looking for a fun, quick read, I highly suggest checking out Blackmail Boyfriend!





About the Author

Chris Cannon lives in Southern Illinois with her husband and her three dogs, Pete the shih tzu who sleeps on her desk while she writes, Molly the ever-shedding yellow lab, and Tyson the sandwich-stealing German Shepherd Beagle. She believes coffee is the Elixir of Life. Most evenings after work, you can find her sucking down caffeine and writing fire-breathing paranormal adventures or snarky romantic comedies.

Author Links:



a Rafflecopter giveaway

Book Tour Organized by:

11 comments:

  1. I love these books! They're just too sweet and quirky. Great review, Krystianna!

    Blessie @ Mischievous Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, Krystianna!

    I haven't read this one or The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West, but it kind of seems like the two have similar themes going on. I might have to read them back-to-back. :)

    P.S. I love that cover. Even though you can't see the model's face, it seems like they chose an average girl - not too thin, but just what most teenage girls look like. I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWWW!!! I love these types of stories, too!!! I'm hunting down this book NOW!! Thanks for opening my eyes, girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review! This sounds like a cute book. I'll have to pick it up soon. :)

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear you enjoyed this!! I'm also on the blog tour :). I just received my copy so I'm hoping to start this tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for bringing this book to my attention! It is definitely a book I know I'll love! Adding this to the TBR pile ;P

    ReplyDelete
  7. This wasn't on my TBR but it's definitely going on there now! It reminds me so much of The Fill-in Boyfriend by Kasie West and I loved that so I'm sure I'll love this. I'm so glad you enjoyed this book - great review <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review!! I definitely want to add this to my TBR. Sounds like a cute, light read. It seems very similar to "To all the boys i've loved before". I need to look into blog tours. I just started blogging in July so I don't know much about them but they seem fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blackmail Boyfriend sounds like a fun read for this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a fun read, thanks for the great review, Krystianna! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!