Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Waiting on Everybody Rise!



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.


23605009
It's 2006 in the Manhattan of the young and privileged, and a new generation of heirs and strivers are jockeying for social power and discovering that class, especially on the Upper East Side, still holds sway.
At 26, Evelyn Beegan is the product of new money, propelled by her social-climbing mother through an elite prep school, a posh college, and into Manhattan. Evelyn has always managed to stay just on the periphery of this world her mother so desperately wants her to become a part of. But when she takes a job at a new social networking site aimed at her very elite peers, she's forced to leverage her few connections to work her way to the front of the pack. With the help of her prep school friends, Evelyn goes from lush "camps" in the Adirondacks and "cottages" in Newport, to Southampton weekends and clubs thick with socialites and Wall Street types, eventually befriending target #1, Camilla Rutherford-a young woman who is a regular on the front page of every society blog.
In order to be accepted by this rarefied set, Evelyn must be seen as someone who established old money. Her lies start small, but quickly grow, and as she relentlessly elbows her way up the social ladder, the ground underneath her begins to give way.

Release Date: August 18

25 comments:

  1. I haven't heard anything like it before. It sounds interesting though. It kind of reminds me of Gossip Girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time hearing about this one, interesting pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. New to me but interesting blurb. I haven't read many books like this so I'm curious. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a totally new to me one! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but still hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this one around and I think it sounds interesting- great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is my dream. Literally. Now, I know this sounds shallow and standoffish, but heck if I don't dream of all the hard work I put into school landing me some nice Wall Street boy someday or *gasp* a job there!
    I'll definitely have to pick up this book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh! I love the sound of this one -- hopefully it will fill the void that Gossip Girl left. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, super interesting! Definitely need to add it to my TBR pile on Goodreads :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fun read. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had my eye on this one for a while now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds new and different! thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everybody Rises sounds really interesting! Kinda of reminds me of Gossip Girl too. Hope you get your hands on it soon, Krystianna :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds really good! Thanks for sharing this one!! I have not heard of this yet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds awesome but I'm not too fund of the cover Krystianna. Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds really good! Haven't heard of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting synopsis, sounds like a book I would read. Will definitely check it out, thanks for stopping by my blog today. :D

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really liked the cover and the Gossip Girl like blurb. Thanks for sharing:)
    Paulina @ The Little Book Pixie
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  18. OOOHHHH, I love the sound of this!! I haven't heard of it and I don't think I've really read anything like it but, man, it sounds awesome!! And just saying, that cover looks so good with your blog colors haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. It sounds ... interesting? I'm not sure if it would be something for me but I'll definitely keep an eye out! Thank you for sharing this! :D

    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have seen this book around, but this is the first time I have actually read the synopsis! Sounds like it could be an interesting read!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds interesting. Good pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds interesting and this cover is GORGEOUS! <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I haven't heard of this one before. The blurb made me think of The Great Gatsby, but modernized.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooo... Never heard of it. Maybe I'll just mosey on over to Goodreads. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!