Friday, July 17, 2015

The Reading Habits Tag

I was tagged about a year ago to do the Reading Habits Tag by Perks of Being a Reader and Hazy Reads, so I thought it was about time that I finally do it! 


1. Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
Yes! I always lounge out on my bean bag which is right near my bookshelves, or I'll splay out across my bed because I like to be comfy.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I am actually fine with either! I just can't do dog-earring.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain number of pages?
I always have to stop reading at the end of a chapter. However, if I'm called down for dinner and I'm in the middle of one, then I'll keep reading until a page ends on a period because I'm picky.

4. Do you eat or drink when reading?
Yes! I tend to love either hot chocolate or lemonade for drinking. I also like to eat something crunchy, though I do my best to chew away from the book so that nothing gets inside it because that'd be gross.

5. Do you watch TV or listen to music whilst reading?
Sometimes I'll listen to slow or mellow music while reading, but never do I listen to TV. I love listening to the Great Gatsby soundtrack.

6. One book at a time or several at once?
I like to read one book at a time. More than one doesn't go down well.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
I'll read anywhere!

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
In my head! I couldn't possibly read out loud.

9. Do you ever read ahead or skip passages?
If the book is great, then yes, sometimes I do.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
I have to keep it new! If I break the spine I'll cry.

11. Do you write in your books?
Never! Sometimes I like to sell books I decide I don't want to keep, and if I wrote in them, I wouldn't be able to sell them at the local used bookstore.

12. What are you currently reading?
I'm currently reading Siren's Fury by Mary Weber, which is the sequel to The Storm Siren. I'm loving it so far! As soon as I'm done, I will start reading either Armada or The Summer of Chasing Mermaids.

I tag anyone who wants to do this tag!

14 comments:

  1. I love this tag!! I could never harm a book in any way ahaha, I try so hard to never break the spine either, and I hate seeing corners of pages bent over. Great answers! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing tag LOL!! I also never dog ear my book's pages and also never write in them!! I hate doing it!
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, one book at a time! Reading more than one get's so overwhelming and I find that I get confused with the plots then. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting tag, I enjoyed reading it! On a side note, I love your blog name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aghh I love your answers♥ the ending at a period one made me laugh, because I do the exact same thing. I can't possibly stop reading halfway through a sentence, how can somebody do that? hahaha

    I also want a bean bag SOOO bad and your mentioning of reading on one made me day dream for a second. I think I'll order one right now hahaha

    GREAT POST♥

    Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers:) I have a lot of the same habits lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I break a spine I will cry too and dog-earing is a nightmare! I think I mostly read at home. There are too many distractions everywhere else. Your answers are all great!
    Blue Books and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun tag and great answers!! I am also one who will read everywhere and anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can use anything as a bookmark really, but like you, I hate dog-earing! And breaking the spine. Whenever I accidentally break a spine, I really do want to cry. I tend to read one book at a time as well! It's definitely interesting to see other readers' habits - thanks for sharing your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I might do this tag. It has good questions. I agree with the stop reading at the end of a chapter. I get a little lost if I try to pick up in the middle of one.
    Emma @ Emma Likes Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tag and great answers, I love finding out how others spend their reading time!!

    Heather @ Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice tag! I also couldn't read out loud. When I do, I'd have to read the entire thing again in my head because I don't understand anything I read out loud. :) I used to read one book at a time, but now I read at least two at the same time. Not the same genre, though. :)

    Julie @ Books and Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's been a while since you posted this, but I finally decided I would do my own... you can find it here. I definitely agree with you for 6, 7, 8 and 11. I get confused if I try and read more than one book and I couldn't possibly write in a book!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!