Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Jesse's Girl Blog Tour!

Jesse's Girl Blog Tour!


16045315

Title: Jesse's Girl
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: July 7, 2015

Practice Makes Perfect.
Everyone at Hundred Oaks High knows that career mentoring day is a joke. So when Maya Henry said she wanted to be a rock star, she never imagined she'd get to shadow *the* Jesse Scott, Nashville's teen idol.
But spending the day with Jesse is far from a dream come true. He's as gorgeous as his music, but seeing all that he's accomplished is just a reminder of everything Maya's lost: her trust, her boyfriend, their band, and any chance to play the music she craves. Not to mention that Jesse's pushy and opinionated. He made it on his own, and he thinks Maya's playing back up to other people's dreams. Does she have what it takes to follower her heart-and go solo?
BUY THE BOOK:

I have never read a book by Miranda Kenneally before, so I've not even read the Hundred Oaks books that came before this one, as I've heard that it could just be read as a companion novel. I'm so glad that it could be, because this book was so amazing! I'll be sure to check out the other Hundred Oaks books as soon as I can.

At Maya's school, a shadow day takes place where everyone is allowed to shadow someone that has a job closest to what job they want to do. Maya decides that she wants to be a musician because she takes her music seriously and is part of a band, even though she gets kicked out of it. She ends up getting the chance to shadow Jesse Scott, who is world-famous for his country music and he just happens to be the uncle of Maya's principal.

After they first meet, Maya decides that Jesse is kind of a snob, though she begins to find that it's just his exterior and that there's so much more to him. Maya begins to get to know him as they go off track of their schedule for shadow day, and find that maybe they could be more than just friends.

I loved the relationship between Maya and Jesse. Jesse was so hard to break, but Maya did what she could in order to let him open up once she saw that he needed a friend and someone he could trust in his life. Jesse always kept thinking that Maya was only trying to be friends with him for his connections in the music industry, though Maya surely wasn't and it was great once he finally noticed that.

I felt really bad for Maya after she got kicked out of the band and used by this guy who ends up being with her other friend. It really sucked, so I was glad when Jesse decided to be Maya's friend in return. The two of them were great together, and I love how easily they could open up with one another after finally becoming friends. My favorite part would probably have to be when they did a duet on the boat after crashing a little girl's party.

Maya definitely grew a lot in this book which is something I loved. She found that the best way to make it is by going after your dreams no matter what, because you have to let nothing stop you. She did everything she could in order to make it on her own so that she could succeed in the music business one day. Maya even began to practice with her voice, as she had trouble singing with her stomach instead of her throat.

Maya and Jesse were definitely the cutest couple, and I was so happy with the ending! I can't wait to read more by Kenneally in the future.


a Rafflecopter giveaway

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read any any of Miranda Kenneally's books yet! They sound so cute and fun, though, and I love the musical angle of this! I like the sound of Maya as a character, too. Must read soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I'm so glad this book made you want to read the rest of the Hundred Oaks books! :D I totally agree that Jesse was such a jerkish snob at first, but I definitely warmed up to him. :) Maya's growth was just spectacular as well!

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of her books yet but I'm going to have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I love this series and I can't wait ti sink my teeth into this one and meet Maya and Jesse!! I love how characters driven these books are, and you just feel happy after you finish reading one! :) Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to start this one, I love this series!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!