Sunday, July 26, 2015

Interview with Yvonne of A World Between Folded Pages!

A World Between Folded PagesToday I have a wonderful interview with Yvonne of A World Between Folded Pages! After reading the interview, be sure to check out her beautiful blog!

About Yvonne:
Hi everyone! My name is Yvonne and I blog @ A World Between Folded Pages! :) Yes, I'm a booklover and find immense pleasure in reading all day in my bed ... it's just so comfortable, ugh! I'm also a fangirl & more than ready for Dean Wichester to finally drop by - seriously, Dean, how much longer do I have to wait?! -, I love the 90's with all its amazing kid's series (Pokemon, Dragonball, Sailor Moon, ...), the music and let's be honest: Disney movies. They're heaven and I love them so much! Also I'm desperately waiting for a zombie apocalypse to happen so I can brag with my "knowledge" (and probably die very soon but psst!)! Usually I'm shy and quiet - well, in real life - but once you get to know me I can be pretty funny and crazy. Mostly I'm just weird though. :D

Now, onto the questions!


1. Hardcover or Paperback?
Well, I used to buy only paperbacks because they're cheaper and handier but ... hardcovers are so damn pretty. Lately I buy more HC's, even if they're more expensive, I just love how they look on my shelves, haha. :D So I'd say it's a mixture of both - if I want a book really badly I'll probably buy the HC, if I'm not so sure about it I'll go for the PB version. 

2. If you could live in any possible genre, which would you choose and why?
Who's not going to say (Contemporary) Romance? A book by Stephanie Perkins? I'm all in! J. Lynn? Yes, please! Something with swoon-worthy characters, I'd say. :P

3. If you could meet any one author, who would you choose and why?
Hmmm, that's a tough one. I adore so many authors and would love to meet Tahereh Mafi because I love the "Shatter Me" series and Aaron Warner is one of my alltime favorite characters ever. Then again I also want to see Jennifer L. Armentrout and Richelle Mead (Adrian Ivashkov ftw!) but Colleen Hoover is the queen of contemporary and gives me so many feels with all her books - It's so hard to decide! I'd just write their names on a stripe of paper and draw one because I really don't know!

4. How many times have you read your favorite book and will you read it again?
I usually don't re-read my books. I can't. Well, I tried it once with Shatter Me and it worked quite good but most of the time I remember the plot so well that I get bored pretty quickly. I do want to re-read some of my faves though and I'm trying really hard ... Maybe Somedayis definitely one of those books!

5. Besides reading, what are some of your other favorite hobbies?
I like to play videogames - the result of having a brother and (mostly) male cousins around my age that never wanted to play with barbies - preferably games such as The Sims or "casual games" that you can play for a bit without a long storyline. The exception is "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt"! I've been playing it for the past week on and off and it's SOOOO good! I adore it so much! Other than that I like to take pictures with my camera, blogging and watching TV series. Loads of TV series. :D

6. What's your favorite book to movie adaptation?
Definitely Harry Potter! I have yet to read the books - I only read book 1 and 2 - but I think the movies are fantastic!

Displaying bookshelves.png
Photo: courtesy of Yvonne
7. How do you organize your books on your bookshelf?
Right now they're in a rainbow (at least I tried), as you can see, but I don't really have a system. Books of a series or by the same author are together but that's it, really.

8. What's your favorite genre of music? Your favorite bands?
I don't know if I have a "favorite genre" but I like to listen to Classic Rock (thanks, Dean!) and Alternative Rock. Some of the songs on the radio or the charts are also favorites of mine and like I mentioned above I love Disney, so all the Disney songs are great too! :D My favorite bands are probably 30 Seconds to MarsFall Out BoyPanic! at the DiscoImagine DragonsBastille and and and. 

9. Do you like to listen to music or snack on food while you read, or do you like it really quiet?
I hope I'm not alone but I can't read while it's super quiet ... I need some kind of background noise, so I love listening to music while reading! Especially if a song fits the general mood/feel of a scene it's SO epic! It makes it a hundred times better! I guess that's also why I enjoyed Maybe Someday so much - the music/soundtrack is brilliant!

10. If you were allowed to have a party and you could invite any three book characters, which three book characters would you invite and why?
Okay, firstly I'd choose Alice Cullen from Twilight (don't hate me) - she always has this sunny disposition and loves planning things, so she could definitely help me. That way I'd be sure that my party is be a success and that there would be people. Secondly I'd invite Cameron Hamilton from Wait For You and hope he brings some of his delicious pastries with him and lastly, of course, my beloved ... oh damnit. I was going to say Aaron Warner but actually I think Adrian Ivashkov from the Bloodlines series would be better. He definitely knows how to party!


Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all of the questions Yvonne!

Find Yvonne on:
A World Between Folded Pages
Goodreads
Instagram
Twitter
Facebook

_______________________________________________________

5 comments:

  1. I love these interviews. It is so cool to get to know new bloggers, (well, new to me anyways). Thanks for reminding me about the Shatter Me series. I am gonna have to buy it now. Thanks Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already follow Yvonne's blog, which I really like by the way, so it was nice to read more about her! Great interview! And I love this feature!

    Cheryl @ I Heart Fictional People

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome interview! I love Maybe Someday and J. Lynn as well!
    I'm fairly new to your blog, but I enjoy reading your posts! I love your dedication to commenting! I frequently see you in the comments of other blogs, along with mine as well! It always reminds me to stop by and comment back :D I missed your 3 year blogoversary post but congratulations! I hope you have many awesome blogging years to come!
    All the best,
    -A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! I love the Harry Potter movies too! You should really read the rest of the series. They get better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for having me, Krystianna! It was a pleasure answering your questions - I had so much fun!! :D

    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!