Sunday, July 19, 2015

Interview with Milka!


Today I have an interview with Milka, who reviews at two different book blogs!

About Milka:
Hey guys! I am Milka, a 24-year-old book lover and professional TV and film watcher (I have a degree to prove that!) I review books at @ReadReadRead and @WinterHavenBooks and work as an editor at @LeakyCauldron! When I am not reading, blogging or watching films/TV, I like to bake, watch ice hockey and look at pictures of puppies.

1. Hardcover or paperback?
Paperback. They are cheaper, easier to store and since I like to carry books around with me, also lighter to carry. 

2. Book or e-copy?
Though I prefer actual copies, I've been reading more e-books lately. Most of the review copies I get are in e-book format, and since I am between apartments at the moment, it is just easier to fill up my Kindle than to haul books from one place to another.

3. Library or book store?
In principle, library. But since I prefer to read in English but do not live in an English speaking country, I am often made to choose between buying the book or reading that translation. 99% of the time, I buy the book.

4. New books or used books?
If I am able to find what I want to read as a used copy, then YES, I am definitely in for that!

5. If you were in a book, which type of character would you be?
I would probably be the sassy sidekick. Think of Rebel Wilson in Pitch Perfect as a book character. That would be me.

6. Would you want the book you were featured in to be turned into a movie? Who would play you?
I am all for movies, so yeah! I would play myself and Anna Kendrick and Emma Stone would play my best friends.

7. If you could live in any possible genre, which would you choose and why?
Fantasy - the Harry Potter kind, not the Game of Thrones kind. 

8. If you could meet any one author, who would you meet and why?
I am totally going to cheat a little and say Amy Poehler (the author of YES PLEASE). She is my number one celebrity crush and my future best friend. I bet she would have the coolest stories to tell about SNL, Tina Fey, Seth Meyers and one of the greatest TV shows of all time, Parks and Recreation.

9. If there was a book about your life, what would it be called?
I actually have this planned out. I don't think my life, so far, has been eventful enough for a book, but once I get older, I want to write a humorous account of my life titled ETERNAL SHAME. 

10. Which character in a novel most resembles you and why?
Hmmm.... This is kind of a mix. Put together some of the confidence and sass of Willowdean from the upcoming Dumplin' by Julie Murphy, add the fangirling tendencies of Cath from Fangirl and mix that with the awkwardness of Mia Thermopolis from the Princess Diaries series.

11. How many times have you read your favorite book and will you read it again?
I have several favorite books. I have read Jane Austen Pride and Prejudice probably like 30 times and I will definitely read it again. The Harry Potter series I have also read several times and will do so again. One of the newest additions to my favorite books list is IN COLD BLOOD by Truman Capote, which I am dying to read again now that I have read more about the murder case it centers around.

12. Besides reading, what are some of your other favorite hobbies?
Films and TV, which are not only a hobby, but also my academic interest (I will be doing a master's on media research). I also (pretty obsessively) LOVE ice hockey.

13. What's your favorite book to movie adaptation?
Cheating again a bit... The BBC adaption of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Colin Firth as Darcy.... yummy!

14. What's your favorite book cover color?
Hmm, I don't really have one in particular. I like covers with cool typography and usually tend to dislike books with faces (I am especially peeved by cheesy new adult covers).

15. How do you organize your books on your bookshelf?
Usually alphabetically by author, but right now my bookshelves are mixed.

16. What's your favorite genre of music? Your favorite bands?
I love country, pop, some indie bands, film soundtracks, some Finnish music... I am not picky. Favorite artists/bands include Taylor Swift (it took me a while to get used to her new style, but now I love it!), Josh Groban, the soundtracks to BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD and THE SOCIAL NETWORK. And of course Mouse Rat (5000 Candles in the Wind 4ever!)

17. What are some of your favorite bloggers or booktubers?
There are so many. I love Regan@PeruseProject from booktube - her videos are insightful and she reads not only YA, but also other genres. From bloggers, I love Cait @ PaperFury, Judith @ PaperRiot and Jamie M. @BrokeandBookish. Honestly though, I pretty much love everyone who contributes to the reading community somehow, whether they have popular booktube channels/blogs or not.

18. What's your least favorite genre and why?
I'm not sure whether I have one really. I feel like I am more turned off my certain features in books. For example, religious content (just because I am not religious at all myself) or male characters who are glorified despite their violent behavior (unfortunately too many new adult books feature characters like this).

19. Who's your favorite author?
There are so many. J.K. Rowell, Rainbow Rowell, Ernest Cline, Cora Carmack, Jane Austen, Meg Cabot, Amy Poehler, Mindy Kaling.... 

20. Do you like to listen to music or snack on food while you read, or do you like it really quiet?
I usually don't listen to music while reading, but I am all in for snacks!

21. How many books do you usually read at a time?
One. I like to focus my attention on one book at the time before moving to the next one.

22. If you were allowed to have a party and you could invite any three book characters, which three book characters would you invite and why?
Silas from Cora Carmack's Rusk University series (because he is super dreamy and reminds me of Tim Riggins from FNL), Willowdean from Dumplin' by Julie Murphy (I am pretty sure we could be besties for life) and Dumbledore from Harry Potter series (because he is super cool. And he could make the feast appear by magic... I wouldn't have to cook!)

Thank you so much for answering all of the questions Milka!

Find Milka on:
Goodreads


_______________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. Great interview! Amy Poehler is my spirit animal, so serious respect for any fellow Parks and Rec fan!

    Siobhan @ The Nook

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!