Sunday, July 5, 2015

Interview with Ashley of What's Your Story?

Today, I have an interview with Ashley of What's Your Story? to share with all of you. Be sure to check out her blog after reading!
About Ashley:
My name is Ashley, and I've been blogging at www.whatsyourstorybookreviews.com since 2009. I love YA books, but as I've gotten older my tastes have expanded to adult and new adult, and all different kinds of genres. I love talking to fellow bloggers and book lovers, so feel free to stop by and leave a comment! I'm also always open to book recommendations, since lately I've fallen behind in 'what's hip' in the blogging world. Hope you enjoyed my interview, and I also hope you'll stop by and say hello!

Now, onto the questions!


1. Hardcover or paperback?
Hm, this is kind of hard! In terms of comfortability reading, I find that I prefer paperbacks because you can manipulate them better. I know some people hate spine creases, but I figure they show a book was well loved, so I crease away!

2. Book or e-copy?
I used to prefer physical copies of books because of the vanity of displaying them on my shelves, but now that I'm not home in Florida, I prefer ebooks. It's much easier to just carry my Kindle around, especially on the NYC subways. 

3. Library or book store?
Again, I used to be all about buying books. But that was when I wasn't the one paying for them! Haha! Now that I'm on my own and a broke college student, I make good use of that free library card. 

4. New books or used books?
Either, they're all good to me.

5. If you were in a book, which type of character would you be?
I'd like to think I was the badass heroine that made all the boys go crazy, but in actuality I'd probably be "the best friend."

6. Besides reading, what are some of your other favorite hobbies?
Singing, and seeing Broadway shows. Actually, my boyfriend just got a motorcycle, and while I was absolutely terrified of going on it at first, I've come to love it. I like the idea of being a biker babe, lol.

7. How do you organize your books on your bookshelf?
I used to do it by author last name, but when you have hundreds of books that becomes way too difficult and time consuming. Now I just kinda put 'em where they fit. 

8. What's your least favorite genre and why?
Contemporary fiction. I'm sorry contemp fans, I just get bored reading about 'real life', you know?

9. Who's your favorite author?
At the moment, it's a tie between Jennifer L. Armentrout and Molly Ringle.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all of these questions, Ashley! :)

Find Ashley on:

_______________________________________________________

3 comments:

  1. Ah, glad I'm not the only one who doesn't really love contemporary! I'm picky about what contemporary I'll read. I really prefer magical realism, or "paranormal." I just love my stories with a touch of magic or a LOT of magic. They're the best kinds in my opinion. But I still love contemporary! Usually the fluffy vanilla kind: New Adult romances with mild angst, or something fun in YA.

    Sad to say I haven't read any Jennifer L. Armentrout. :( I had a few books from her checked out from the library at one point but I just never got around to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this Krystianna! I wasn't familiar with Ashley before this.

    I have an addiction to Jennifer Armentrout's books. I have yet to read one that I haven't loved. It's a goal of mine to eventually read everything by her :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cool feature Krystianna! I'm like Ashley, now that I'm paying for my own books I've let go of my NEED to own them :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!