Thursday, July 23, 2015

Book Review: Siren's Fury by Mary Weber

22586972Title: Siren's Fury
Author: Mary Weber
Publisher: Thomas Nelson/Harper Collins
Release Date: June 2, 2015
Genre: Fantasy
Source: For Review from Publisher
Edition: Hardcover (352 pages)

"I thrust my hand toward the sky as my voice begs the Elemental inside me to waken and rise. But it's no use. The curse I've spent my entire life abhorring-the thing I trained so hard to control-no longer exists."
Nym has saved Faelen only to discover that Draewulf stole everything she valued. Now he's destroyed her Elemental storm-summoning ability as well.
When Nym sneaks off with a host of delegates to Bron, Lord Myles offers her the chance for a new kind of power and the whispered hope that it may do more than simply defeat the monster she loathes. But the secrets the Bron people have kept concealed, along with the horrors Draewulf has developed, may require more than simply harnessing a darker ability.
They may require who she is.
Set against the stark metallic backdrop of the Bron kingdom, Nym is faced with the chance to change the future.
Or was that Draewulf's plan for her all along?

**Thank you to Thomas Nelson & Wunderkind PR for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

I read Siren's Fury a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. I honestly didn't think that it could get any better, but Siren's Fury showed me differently! I loved this book even more than book one. Let me tell you why!

I was actually kind of worried about reading this one after that ending from book one. I got so close to some characters and then boom, they were gone just like that! I was extremely worried that we'd lose even more characters that I came to love from book one in this book, though luckily, that didn't happen! 

Right off the beginning of the book, we find that Draewulf has overtaken someone close to Nym, and Nym doesn't know how to go about this because she doesn't know how long the person could last with Draewulf in his/her body. Nym also has her powers taken away, so she has none to even try to get the person back. However, Lord Myles says that he knows a way for her to get some magic, though he doesn't exactly say that it may not be the best magic for her to have. 

I loved Nym even more in this book. I loved how she would do absolutely anything for the people in her life she cared about, including the entire world that she lived in. She's a strong character who will stand up for what she believes is right, which is totally badass. I also learned to love Lord Myles in this book, even though I don't know if I was supposed to. I don't know why, but he started to grow on me since I know more about him now! I mean yes, he is a little bugger, but he's just one of those characters that you love to hate in my opinion. 

This book ended with yet another cliffhanger, which makes me just want to know what's going to happen in the final book! This series is just filled with romance, adventure, and suspense which makes it so hard to put down. It's a series worth checking out! Siren's Fury definitely does not suffer from second-book syndrome.


6 comments:

  1. I've not started this series yet, but really glad you enjoyed this book! It's not often the second book is better than the first, so it really must be good. I'll definitely have to pick up book one at some point - I do love a series with romance, adventure and suspense! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is new to me but it does sound great and the cover is just a bonus! Glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to read this. I enjoyed book one, and the cliff hanger killed me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this series around a lot and I've always been really curious about it, but not enough to take the plunge. I've only read one series where book two was the best (Madman's Daughter) so I know how rare that is! This author must have done an amazing job! I'll have to check this one out. Great review :D

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually didn't like this one quite as much as the first, but I'm glad you did! :) I was hyperventilating inside for a bit until we find things out and then I was hopeful. LOL. I'm really excited to see how it all plays out in the final book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really excited to read this one because I really think I'll enjoy this series! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!