Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Waiting on The Leveller!



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.
17852690

Nixy Bauer is a self-made Leveller. Her job? Dragging kids out of virtual reality and back to their parents in the real world. It's normally easy cash, but Nixy's latest mission is fraught with real danger, intrigue, and romance.
Nixy Bauer is used to her classmates being very, very unhappy to see her. After all, she's a bounty hunter in a virtual reality gaming world. Kids in the MEEP, as they call it, play entirely with their minds, while their bodies languish in a sleeplike state on the couch. Irritated parents, looking to wrench their kids back to reality, hire Nixy to jump into the game and retrieve them.
But when the game's billionaire developer loses track of his own son int he MEEP, Nixy is in for the biggest challenge of her bounty-hunting career. Wyn Salvador isn't some lazy kid looking to escape his homework: Wyn does not want to be found. And he's left behind a suicide note. Nixy takes the job but quickly discovers that Wyn's not hiding-he's being held inside the game against his will. But who is holding him captive, and why?
Nixy and Wyn attempt to fight their way out of a mind game unlike any they've encountered, and the battle brings them closer than either could have imagined. But when the whole world is virtual, how can Nixy possibly know if her friends are real?

Release Date: June 23

28 comments:

  1. I've seen this one mentioned a few times now. Seems to be popular. Hope you enjoy it.

    My WoW @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing. The gaming component reminded me of The Game trilogy by Eve Silver. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really interesting, something I've never heard of before. Reminds me a little bit of Ready Player One by Ernest Cline! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I'm very curious about this one! It sounds exciting!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read a review on this one - Sounds very cool. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just started seeing this one around. It looks really intreesting.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard about this one and it sounds so interesting. I love the idea of being a virtual bounty hunter!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of this before and it sounds really interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just added this to my TBR the other day!
    It looks SO GOOD and really unique and fun.
    Olivia @ Fluttering Pages

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! This sounds so good! I can't wait to read it! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. so excited for this one too great pick

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! I hadn't heard of this one, but I like the way it sounds and the idea of a virtual bounty hunter. I can easily imagine some people getting so wrapped up in the games like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so excited for this one as well, it sounds like such an amazing read.
    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    El @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hadn't heard of this one before, but think I need to go add it to my TBR now! Great pick! Thanks for visiting my WOW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not really familiar with this one! Though I have seen it around. I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've seen this around a bit but I can never decide if I want to read it. I think I'll wait and see. I hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This one is new to me but it sounds really unique. I will have to check it out! I love the idea of a bounty hunter in a virtual world!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great choice! I read this earlier in the year and really enjoyed it! It's lots of fun, and a great debut. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a unique premise....thanks for sharing; and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I featured this one on my one WOW a while back, it really sounds amazing. I'm getting a big Ready Player One feel as well and cant wait to see how it goes.

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have this one on my kindle, so I can’t wait to start it! Great WoW pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. I read this one a while ago, and I really liked it! It's short but very engaging. Hope you enjoy it when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh this sound amazing! Reminfds me of Tron a little without the bounty hunting angle.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Someone else had this as their pick and I immediately jumped over to my Goodreads page to add it. Great choice. I think it looks like a fantastic read. ~Beth @ Perpetual New Girl

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great pick This book looks and sounds really intriguing it really peeked my intrest. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I only recently discovered this book, it sounds pretty awesome! Will definitely be keeping my eyes out for this! Great pick. Thanks for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks at that cover! I haven't read any reviews or seen any ratings yet, so will have to check them out! Sounds great though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!