Sunday, June 14, 2015

Interview with Nadine Brandes!

Today I have a cool interview with a dystopian author, Nadine Brandes!

Hey everyone! I’m Nadine and I’m excited to be interviewed on Downright Dystopian because I’ve been following this blog for quite some time. In fact, I’ve discovered a few of my favorite books through this blog (Ready Player One, anyone?) Along with being a book-lover, I’m also an author! I write YA and have a dystopian series releasing, so naturally that’s my favorite genre right now. [grin]

Hardcover or paperback? 
That depends on the book! If I love it, I like to go for hardcover.

Book or e-copy? 
Book! Book! Book! Smelling an e-book just isn’t the same. ;-)

Library or bookstore?
Neither of these exist in the small town I live in. But usually bookstore.

New books or used books? 
New or “like new” (I’m a snob) [grin]

If you were in a book, which type of character would you be? 
The one who always wants to help but ends up making things worse! LOL (Think….Dobby.)

Would you want the book you were featured in to be turned into a movie? Who would play you? 
Sure! Why not? And I’dwant Emma Stone or Emma Watson to play me…just because they can do no wrong in my eyes (not because we look alike.)

If you could live in any possible genre, which would you choose and why? 
Fantasy! Magic, swords, adventures…some of my favorite words. 

If you could meet any one author, who would you meet and why? 
J. K. Rowling. She’s inspired me far beyond what words could express.

How many times have you read your favorite book and will you read it again? 
At least twenty. I know! I know! But it’s that good! Yes, I’ll read it again.

Besides reading, what are some of your other favorite hobbies? 
Drawing, photography, writing, snowboarding, traveling, and drinking tea! (Yes, it’s a hobby.)

What’s your favorite book to movie adaptation? 
Probably Lord of the Rings, followed closely by Divergent. I thought they did an excellent job on both.

What’s your favorite book cover color?
 Something dark and mysterious. Deep purple…almost blackish.

How do you organize your books on your bookshelf? 
I start with my favorites and, by the bottom of the bookshelf are the books I dislike. And then I organize them by height. Please tell me someone else does this, too! ;)

What’s your favorite genre of music? Your favorite bands? 
I love mostly everything. Right now I’m stuck on One Republic, Imagine Dragons, Amber Run, and Kodaline.

What are some of your favorite bloggers or booktubers?
 Downright Dystopian, of course! [grin] I also like Book Chic and Go Teen Writers (http://goteenwriters.blogspot.com/)

What’s your least favorite genre and why? 
I don’t like heavy romance — you know, the type that completely takes over the story and there’s nothing but romance. I love deep characters and plots. :D

Who’s your favorite author? 
What a cruel question! ;) I love Francine Rivers, J. K. Rowling, and Jill Williamson (you didn’t really expect me to put only one, did you?!)

Do you like to listen to music or snack on food while you read, or do you like it really quiet? 
Quite with lots of snacks. :D (Tea, pretzels, shortbread, nom nom nom…)

How many books do you usually read at a time? 
At least three. Usually I have a non-fiction, regular fiction, and then a speculative fiction (fantasy, sci-fi, etc.) going.

If you were allowed to have a party and you could invite any three book characters, which three book characters would you invite and why? 
Ooooh….Hadassah from A Voice in the Wind because she’s the type of person I want to be someday. Harry Potter because I think we’d make great friends. And Samwise Gamgee, because he’s an inspiration!

Places to find Nadine:
Website

Nadine's Book:

How would you live if you knew the day you'd die? 
In a world where everyone has a Clock showing their day of death, 
Parvin Blackwater tries to find purpose in her last year alive. 
But will she defy the authorities to find it?

1 comment:

  1. Interesting organization system. I don't have a lot of paper books anymore, but the ones I do have are grouped by subject.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!