Today I have an interview with Becky of Book Bite Reviews to share with you all! Becky's blog mainly focuses on young adult paranormal reads and I'd highly suggest checking it out! Now, onto the questions!
1. Hardcover or Paperback?
2. Book or e-copy?
3. Library or book store?
4. New books or used books?
5. If you were in a book, which type of character would you be? (ex: hero, villain, sidekick, love interest, etc.)
I would probably be the love interest, because they are a main character/side character and I feel like that would be my role. It would also be in a YA/NA Romance Comedy
6. Would you want the book you were featured in to be turned into a movie? Who would play you? Absolutely! I love books-to-movies. I think the best person to play me would be either Jennifer Lawrence or Emma Stone.
7. If you could live in any possible genre, which would you choose and why?
That’s a tough one, because YA paranormal is my favorite genre of all time, but I’m not sure I could survive since the MC always seems to be hunted down by someone. I think if I was choosing a genre I know I would survive in, it would be NA romance.
8. If you could meet any one author, who would you meet and why?
I would sit down and chat with Jennifer L. Armentrout. I met her for the first time this year at BEA, but I didn’t get to chat with her and I would love to find out what’s in her head.
9. If there was a book about your life, what would it be called?
“The girl with a book obsession” is about the best thing I can come up with. lol
10. Which character in a novel most resembles you and why?
That is super easy! Katy from Jennifer L. Armentrout’s Lux series. She’s a book blogger, she loves a hot guy, she’s completely book obsessed. It’s great. I think that’s the reason I love Jennifer’s books so much, the Lux series was the first thing I read by her and I connected with the main character faster than any other book before.
11. How many times have you read your favorite book and will you read it again?
I have read “The Catcher in the Rye” probably about 3 times and I will most definitely read it again. Each time I read it I learn something new about Holden and understand the book a little better so I will definitely read it many more times. Hopefully I’ll get the chance this summer =)
12. Besides reading, what are some of your other favorite hobbies?
There’s things to do besides read? HA! I’m kidding. Blogging is an obvious one, but I really do love blogging. I crochet a lot. I find it extremely relaxing and so rewarding to give something to someone that I made with my own hands. I also love watching TV and movies with my fiancé. My favorites to watch are B grade horror films, because they are just hilarious.
13. What's your favorite book to movie adaptation?
The Hunger Games. They changed a bit in the movies, but this is the first book-to-movie where I felt like they really took the book into consideration. I read the whole series before the movie came out or I saw any publicity on it and when they introduced the cast I felt like they were inside my head. The movie is exactly like what I pictured while reading. It was seriously perfect. Plus I can watch that film over and over again.
14. What's your favorite book cover color?
Well, green is my favorite color and I think I only own one green covered book so it would be very cool to own more of those, but the majority of my books are black so I would have to assume black would be my favorite. I love dark novels, so it makes sense. I know my least favorite is white, because it gets WAY too dirty too fast.
15. How do you organize your books on your bookshelf?
Alphabetical order by the author’s last name. I remember my step dad painted my shelves for me and didn’t know they were in a certain order when he put the books back up. That was fun to re-organize.
16. What's your favorite genre of music? Your favorite bands?
Alternative rock and some pop. My favorite bands are Fall Out Boy, The Killers, Imagine Dragons, Lady Gaga, New Politics, The Cure, No Doubt, Kings of Leon, Katy Perry, Metric, Muse, Neon Trees, Panic! At the Disco, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Semi Precious Weapons, Tegan & Sara, and Weezer.
17. What are some of your favorite bloggers or booktubers?
The Starry-Eyed Revue, A GREAT Read, Alison Can Read, AwesomeSauce Book Club, Book Briefs, Kimba HYPERLINK "http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/" the Caffeinated Book Reviewer, Pure Imagination, Some Like It Paranormal, Step Into Fiction, and Bewitched Bookworms.
18. What's your least favorite genre and why?
My least favorite genre is Science Fiction, because my brain just won’t wrap around it. I can believe in vampires and ghosts, but for some reason my brain will not wrap around all the craziness that is involved in science fiction. I can watch science fiction movies, but I cannot for the life of me read a science fiction book. I can feel myself drifting.
19. Who's your favorite author?
That is a tie between Melissa De La Cruz and Jennifer L. Armentrout. I luckily got to meet both of them this year and told them both how much I love them lol.
20. Do you like to listen or snack on food while you read, or do you like it really quiet?
I don’t snack while reading, because I refuse to mess up my books. I can’t listen to music while reading, because I feel like it will distract me. I prefer quiet, but not too quiet. I need some kind of noise happening around me, but nothing loud. That’s the perfect noise for me to zone out of the real word and into my book. After I’m zoned out, you can be as loud as you want and I won’t hear you.
21. How many books do you usually read at a time?
I usually only read one at a time, but the most I have had going due to a time crunch was 3 books. Anymore and I think I would have lost my mind lol.
22. If you were allowed to have a party and you could invite any three book characters, which three book characters would you invite and why?
I would invite Jinx from E.J. Stevens Ivy Granger series, becuase she seems like she would be fun to hang out with, "Katy" from Jennifer Armentrout's Lux series, because it would be so much fun to talk about book blogging together. And finally, "Suze" from Meg Cabot's The Mediator series, because she can see ghosts and I would love to find out if my house is haunted or my dog and I are just crazy lol.Find Becky on:
Book Bite Reviews