Thursday, June 25, 2015

Book Review: Halfway Perfect by Julie Cross and Mark Perini

21900150Title: Halfway Perfect
Author: Julie Cross & Mark Perini
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: May 5, 2015
Source: Netgalley
Edition: eARC

Eve's time as a fashion model nearly destroyed her-now she's determined to build a career behind the camera lens. But landing a coveted photography internship brings her face to face with her dark past-and her ex.
While Eve is snapping pictures, up-and-coming male model Alex is launching his career-which, for him, involves maintaining a fake relationship with his (secretly) underage co-star, Elana.
But Alex is falling for Eve, and Eve won't let herself get hurt again. If Alex can pull off a fake love with Elana, can he convince Eve to risk a secret affair with him?
**Thank you to Sourcebooks Fire for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review!**

Ever since I was young, I've been completely interested and fascinated by the fashion industry, which was the original reason why I found this book to be so appealing. I'm so glad that I decided to give this one a read because it was quite amazing!

 Halfway Perfect is about Eve and Alex. Eve used to be a model when she was younger but ran away from the industry and got into Columbia, where she now studies photography. Alex, on the other hand, is still currently a model who happens to work for the same very man that Eve used to work for. The two of them meet and as they get to know each other they begin to fall in love, though not without the usual ups and downs that all relationships must go through.

This book is told in dual perspectives, which I'm a huge fan of. It was great to see inside the head of Eve and Alex who both have differing views on the modeling world. I also loved how much the two of them cared for one another-it was very sweet. Halfway Perfect also touched upon the fact that not everything you see in media is real because facts can be changed to please the audience all the time, even though it's extremely twisted. I appreciate that the authors didn't shy away from that topic.

I also appreciated how this book wasn't just a romance because there were many more underlying topics. I'd mention them, but I don't want to spoil! On that note, give this book a read. You'll fly through it in no time and you'll fall in love with both Alex and Eve.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting read. The model industry is so huge, and so many people experience it, if they're in it or simply witnessing it. I would love to see personal experiences, and how relationships work within it. I haven't heard anything about this one, but I might just have to pick it up!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am curious about the underlying topics you mentioned -- if the author treats them right, this could be so much more than just a romance *hopes*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a quick, fun read. Very interested in what the other issues going on are! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read some reviews about this book and they seem to like it too. It sounds interesting and I like dual POV! Great review :)

    Tiffany @ The Bookish Thought

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review!
    I keep seeing this at the bookstore but I didn't pick it up. Now that I know you enjoyed it, I'll have to check it out!
    Olivia @ Fluttering Pages

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a bit of an obsession with the fashion industry as well as photography so I think I'd enjoy this book, I haven't seen it before no so thank you for sharing.

    A lovely review! Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!