Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Book Review: Deception So Dark by Clara Kensie

25260160Title: Deception So Dark 
Author: Clara Kensie
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: May 1, 2015
Genre: Contemporary & Paranormal

With no more secrets to keep them apart, Tessa and Tristan embark upon a desperate search to find her missing brother and sister. But not even Tristan can keep Tessa safe from the hostile classmates at her new school... or from the nightmare that haunts her even while she's awake. As Tessa's nightmare becomes all too real, her hope of getting her family back together feels ever more out of reach. When a psychic warns her that leaving town may mean her death, Tessa still cannot stay when she uncovers a potential lead to her brother and sister. Not even if she must go alone and risk losing it all: Tristan, her family, and even her life.
Run to You is Tessa and Tristan's story-two full-length books about psychic gifts, secret lives, and dangerous loves. Danger. Deception. Betrayal. It must be true love.

**Thank you to YA Bound Book Tours for allowing me to read this for an honest review**

As soon as I finished Deception So Deadly, I immediately started reading Deception So Dark. I have to say, this book was even better than the first. I don't know how to summarize this book without giving away any spoilers, so I figured I'd just share my thoughts on it instead!

Tristan and Tessa were even more adorable in this book. I love how much they care for each other and how Tristan is always there if Tessa needs him. He's even there when she doesn't want him there, just in case. This book provided so much insight into the past of Tessa's family, and I loved that so much. It literally made me gasp so much because I couldn't believe a lot of what I was reading just like Tessa couldn't believe much of it either, but after some deep thought, it all made so much sense. 

I felt horrible for Tessa throughout a lot of this book because everything she was being told was completely world-shattering, but thankfully she had Tristan through it all. Her parents were both stuck in the Underground, but she was allowed to go and live with the Connelly's, which must've been extremely weird for her considering who Tristan's father was. The Connelly's were so sweet to Tessa and were extremely understanding, which I found to be very refreshing.

I honestly don't know what to consider this series. I mean, sure, it was romance, but it was also a suspenseful thriller! So I guess that makes it a romantic thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat? No matter what it is, I'm telling you that this is a new favorite of mine and it's definitely worth checking out. 



1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that Tristan is there for Tessa even when she doesn't ask him. And it's always great when a sequel is better than the first book. Glad you enjoyed this. Great review and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!