Saturday, June 13, 2015

Book Review: Daisy and the Front Man by Rebekah L. Purdy

25574672Title: Daisy and the Front Man
Author: Rebekah L. Purdy
Publisher: Entangled Crush
Release Date: June 16, 2015
Series: Backstage Pass #3
Source: Netgalley
Edition: eARC

Hell hath no fury like a fangirl scorned...
When Daisy Morris finds out she's spending the summer with her dad, bodyguard for Seconds to Juliet-the hottest boy band around-she knows it couldn't be more perfect. But not because she's a fan. Oh, no. Because ever since front man Trevin Jacobs completely humiliated her by standing her up for homecoming, Daisy is out for a little revenge. Yup, Trevin Jacobs is goin' down....
When one of his bandmates bets Trevin he can't make Daisy-the gorgeous but surprisingly ice-cold daughter of their bodyguard-fall in love with him, it's a bet he can't resist. Sure, Daisy won't give him the time of day for reasons he can't understand, and her dad's hell-bend against his little girl spending time with a superstar. But the terms are set, and Trevin is determined to make Daisy fall... hard.
But every front man should know never to trust a girl with a pretty face....

**Thank you to Entangled Teen for allowing me to read and review this book in exchange for an honest review!**

First there was Miles and Aimee, then there was Mia and Ryder, and now there's Daisy and Trevin! The Backstage Pass series has been an instant hit with me, and before I even start on my review, I just need to tell you that you should really check out this series. The books don't even have to be read in order because they're more like companions, though I suggest reading them from book one because the characters make cameos later on throughout the other books. 

Daisy was such a great character. A few years ago, she won a prize and the prize was getting to go to the dance with a man of her choice from Seconds to Juliet, and she chose Trevin. The thing is, when she was all ready to go to the dance and reporters were there, she received a box. Inside the box was a letter saying that he couldn't come. It was the most humiliating experience ever for poor Daisy. Now, she's getting sent to spend the summer with her father who barely tries to interact with her after her parents separated. Her father is currently a bodyguard on tour with Seconds to Juliet, so Daisy decides to take control of the situation by planning on getting back at Trevin for what he did to her all those years ago.

Trevin was so lovable, regardless of the fact that he was in on a bet with Ryder to try to get Daisy to fall for him by the end of the summer. I felt so bad that he didn't realize that Daisy was the girl whom he was supposed to bring to the dance. He didn't mean any harm! I also liked how he was sort of the big brother of the band, as well as the addition of Korean heritage that was put into the book. 

The relationship between Trevin and Daisy was great. I love how they really both had secretive motives in the relationship but didn't realize how easy it would be to fall in love with one another. I can't wait to read book four!


Are you excited for this book? Tell me why in the comments!

9 comments:

  1. Great review! This book sounds so good and I didn't even realise before that it was a series so I'm definitely going to check them all out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really a fan of contemporary books, but this one sounds pretty good! And the fact that you liked it so much is a plus! Maybe I'll have to check it out, if I can find it in the library.

    Thanks for the awesome review!

    -Ashley
    What's Your Story?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great, cute contemporary book (aka something I would read). I guess I need to check this series out.
    Blue Books and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed this one :)

    Happy Reading
    Patrick @ The Bookshelves

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS SERIES! It's got me hooked from the first book and when the second boom mentioned Trevin was Korean, I knew I had to read his story. Glad to hear it's good!

    -Prima

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, this sounds so adorable!! I think I'm going to bump this up on my TBR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this series or this author, so I'm definitely glad I stumbled across your blog. I love me some good, summery YA novels and - after my last read - I need a good one to pick me up some, so I might just look into this one.

    Your blog is absolutely adorable and I love the layout. I'm a new follower via Bloglovin! ^-^

    Brittany @ http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I passed up on this series for review, but now I'm really intrigued. I wanna read all the books now. :D Great review, Krystianna! :D

    Blessie @ Mischievous Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. I picked up Aimee and the Heartthrob. I really liked the sound of Daisy and the Front Man, so now I need to pick up the second book. I also didn't realize at first these are all different authors. I love music and love stories involving musicians, so yeah, I'm looking forward to getting the series started. Thanks for the review!
    Tammy @ Bo's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!