Monday, June 1, 2015

My Favorite TV Shows


Like most people, I'm a huge fan of television shows and binge-watching them. I'd call it a bit of an obsession, and it's all thanks to Netflix. I thought that I'd make a list of all my favorite TV shows to share with you guys! If you watch any of the same shows as I do, feel free to fangirl in the comments!

I watch so many shows though that I've realized I actually have to do this in parts. So stay tuned for the rest of the parts! Part 1 is Shows I've Started (that I'm in the middle of watching), Part 2 is Shows I've Finished, Part 3 is Shows I'm Waiting on the Next Season Of, Part 4 is Shows That Got Cancelled, and Part 5 is Reality TV Shows (because yes, I do watch those). 

Part 1: Shows I've Started (that I'm in the middle of)

Grey's Anatomy

miranda bailey grey's anatomy gif
This show is literally so amazing. I had been on a bit of a hangover after finishing Star-Crossed, which I then realized didn't have a next season because CW dropped it, so I decided to start binge-watching a show that I knew was successful and had tons of seasons. So, of course, I chose Grey's Anatomy which currently has 10 seasons on Netflix. I'm so engrossed in this show right now. I'm already on season 4 and I probably started this show about a month ago? I've been going through a season a week which is some serious binge-watching considering that I still have lacrosse and school every single day. I'm a hardcore Netflix-binger apparently. My favorite character so far is probably Bailey or Cristina. Meredith kind of annoys me, not gonna lie.

Supernatural

family supernatural supernatural bobby gif
Supernatural is so fantastic! I originally started watching it about two years ago because two of my close friends always raved about it. They literally sat me down and forced me to watch the first episode, which they knew word-for-word because they had seen it so many times. Sadly, I only made it to season 5 that year, so I still have to watch the next 5 and a half seasons. I'm hoping to pick up this one again soon. My favorite character is definitely Sam. Sorry, Dean.

Doctor Who

matt smith and karen gillan gif
I think that just about every book lover in the world watches this show. I started watching it maybe a year and a half ago, and I'm currently on season 7 with Amy Pond. I absolutely loved Tennant as the Doctor and when he left I cried, which was honestly the first time I ever cried watching a form of entertainment. It was so depressing! Luckily, I absolutely love Matt Smith and Amy Pond is my favorite companion thus far. I mean, she's Scottish!

The Vampire Diaries

comic con the vampire diaries gif
 I started watching this show a long time ago and I was instantly hooked. I love the entire cast of characters, and between the brothers, Stefan is my favorite. My favorite character is definitely Caroline though. I think I'm about halfway through season 4 still. I know that the show recently ended, so I will be sure to start watching before the last season is released on Netflix.

The Originals

the vampire diaries cast the original family gif
Usually, spin-offs really suck. This one absolutely doesn't in my opinion! It's so cool to learn more about the original vampires from The Vampire Diaries and I love that it takes place in New Orleans. I was also super excited for this spin-off because Rebecca is in it and I absolutely adore her. Klause is pretty cool too. I have a sort of love/hate relationship with that guy, but at the end of the day, I think he's pretty decent because he always does what he thinks is best. I'm only about 3/4 of the way through season one still.

Once Upon a Time

once upon a time opening once upon a time gif
I actually started watching this show on ABC as soon as it first came out. I was totally engrossed, though around the end of season 2 or the beginning of season 3 I kind of stopped keeping up with it because I felt that there were some unnecessary episodes and I was getting a bit bored. I've heard that it's gotten way better since then though, so I'm definitely going to pick it back up. I'm trying to decide if I should start from the beginning or not though. I absolutely loved Hook; he was my favorite character!

Revenge

i've gotten addicted to making gif
I started watching Revenge because one of my close friends was absolutely obsessed with it. This show seriously kept me on edge and I constantly wanted to know what was going on. That's what happens with mysteries! I think I've only watched two seasons, maybe? I still have to watch the rest. My favorite character was definitely Nolan.

Teen Wolf

come back to me black and white gif
A few summers ago, the first two seasons of Teen Wolf were on Netflix for instantly watching, and I completely binge-watched it in two days tops. It was so great! I absolutely loved Scott, though then when Isaac came on the show he became one of my favorites too. I also really liked Jackson, and I miss him a lot! Why did he have to leave the show?! The only person I really despised was Allison, which for those of you who have seen the show, know why I may feel bad about saying that. Anyway, I've watched about halfway up through season 4 so I'm a little behind on this one too! A few years ago I went to San Diego during the time that Comic Con was going on, and I actually got to see the cast of Teen Wolf (all of who were partying on a boat outside). It was pretty epic. I saw the guy who played Isaac and one of the twins. Great experience!

Pretty Little Liars

pretty little liars halloween gif
I started watching Pretty Little Liars after the first season was out. I had read the books and greatly enjoyed them, though the show was quite different than the books. I think I've only seen up to season 4, maybe? My favorite characters are Toby, Aria, and Spencer. I'm so behind on this, but the internet has tons of spoilers so I feel like I'm not missing much. I'll probably watch it and catch up on Netflix sometime.

The 100

featured the 100 gif
This show is so epic! I watched the first season as soon as it was on Netflix. I still have to watch season 2. I absolutely loved Bellamy and Jasper. They were my two favorite characters. I need to know what happens in season 2 now! I also really want to read these books because I know I'd love them.

Switched at Birth

please do not repost switched at birth gif
I've only seen about two seasons of this one and I'm not quite sure if I'll continue watching it or not. It was alright and all, but I don't really remember much of what happened.

What series are you not finished with or currently watching? 

16 comments:

  1. It seems we have the same taste. I did a post on some TV shows I enjoy so u can check it out if you're looking for something to watch. *waits for new season of the 100 to come back* LOL Love this post!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen most of the shows you've posted. Love Supernatural and 100 and Teen Wolf. I'm still not sure I like the new Doctor, but I guess we have to live with it.

    I have also enjoy The Last Ship and Bitten and Grimm as well....and probably a few more shows that I'm forgetting. lol No wonder I have no time. *snort*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for tv! I love Supernatural, The 100, Vampire Diaries, Doctor Who, and Switched at Birh. I hate to love Grey's Anatomy; although I'm way behind right now. Have you tried The Fosters? Or Orphan Black?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am such a fan of Grey's. Still. I know a lot of people dropped it a long time ago but I still love it. And yes Meredith is annoying. I had started PLL a while ago and kind of stopped but I think I will pick that back up soon. And I love talking TV too so I can't wait for all the other parts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm crying for Revenge and for Elena from TVD!! Me too a big fan of The Originals, I think I can't get enough of Kalus! ;) Great blog post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I binge watched Grey's last year and it's so amazing! I'm up to date now but it's SO hard having to wait for a new episode each week when you're so used to watching loads at once haha. Meredith annoys me sometimes too but thankfully there are loads of other great characters that it's not too bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alright ... long comment incoming! PREPARE! :D

    I LOVE that you watch all those shows! We obviously have the same taste (although not in which characters you like more but oh well :P) First of all ... Supernatural is the greatest thing EVER. I don't even remember when I started watching it but I instantly became obsessed with it. I still need to watch the lastest season (half of it at least) but I love it. So much.

    Same goes for TVD ... obsession #2. Was it season 4 or 5? Idk anymore but one was (in my opinion) very weak and after Klaus went to New Orleans and got his own show I didn't want to continue anymore ... (I don't watch The Originals btw, the storyline with Haley is just not my thing ... ugh.) I loved Klaus and I love Caroline and I shipped them to no end. *sigh* But now? I'm just hooked again! Season 6 was FABULOUS and you definitely need to continue watching it!!!!

    I also love The 100 but haven't continued watching it after season 1, I think ... I'm not sure why, it's so good! I'm just probably too lazy right now, haha. Grey's Anatomy was also one of my favorite shows until ... well, something happened. It affected me so, so much that I quit the show. I just stopped watching - don't worry, I won't tell you anything. :P

    And lastly ... Teen Wolf. Love it. I'm excited for the upcoming season and sure it'll be as epic as the previous ones! It just HAS to be! :D

    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Revenge, Switched at Birth, and Pretty Little Liars. PLL is back this week I believe. Great list of tv shows!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have some similar tastes! Especially Doctor Who. ♥ I actually haven't had a chance to watch Capaldi yet, but I'd love to go back and rewatch the first seven seasons first. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I love Once Upon a Time! It has definitely improved a lot over the years. I need to start watching Revenge, I've heard so many great things about it!

    Beatrice @ Book for Thought

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Doctor Who and Once Upon a Time too :)
    I'm only on season 2 of Supernatural but I'm enjoying it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I watch PLL and The 100 too! The most recent episodes of PLL are pretty good and it does get a lot more intense and serious (like death serious). I can't wait for the new season to start tomorrow!!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO GLAD YOU LOVE GREY'S. I will advise staying away looking up Grey's on the internet because apparently (haven't seen it) something tragic and huge happens at the end of season 11. Also, Doctor Who and The 100. SO much love for those two as well!
    -Monica @ Tomes Project

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES I AGREE COMPLETELY WITH YOU ON ONCE UPON A TIME. I loved season 1, but then I couldn't get into the other seasons because I just felt it was very repetitive. I love seeing how the disney characters are portrayed though. As for the 100, well I'm on episode 9 on the first season, so that's saying something!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a few OUAT episodes to go to finally get to the latest season’s finale, and agree with you on so many of these TV shows. I love Aria, Spencer and Toby as well from PLL, I started Supernatural AGES ago but never got past ep 10 of season 1... need to pick it up again because it’s so good! I’m super sad Revenge is over but it kinda was dying down a little bit. I’m currently on season 3 of Teen Wolf and I’m ADDICTED. Can’t wait to start so many of these shows as well! :D (I’m a film and TV major so obviously this is what I’m super into haha :P)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think we have similar taste lol. Love binge watching Grey's. The 100, PLL, and Switched at Birth are some of my favorites. Though I wish Switched at Birth would focus more on being you know switched at birth and less on romance stuff. I use to love Supernatural, but I think I'm done with it now - it just got a little to repetitive for me. Great list.

    Jo @ http://adreamfrommyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!