Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Waiting on Made You Up!

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.
17661416
Reality, it turns out, is often not what you perceive it to be-sometimes, there really is someone out to get you. Made You Up tells the story of Alex, a high school senior unable to tell the difference between real life and delusion. This is a compelling and provoking literary debut that will appear to fans of Wes Anderson, Silver Linings Playbook, and Liar.
Alex fights a daily battle to figure out the difference between reality and delusion. Armed with a take-no-prisoners attitude, her camera, a Magic 8-Ball, and her only ally (her little sister), Alex wages a war against her schizophrenia, determined to stay sane long enough to get into college. She's pretty optimistic about her chances until classes begin, and she runs into Miles. Didn't she imagine him? Before she knows it, Alex is making friends, going to parties, falling in love, and experiencing all the usual rites of passage for teenagers. But Alex is used to being crazy. She's not prepared for normal.
Funny, provoking, and ultimately moving, this debut novel featuring the quintessential unreliable narrator will have readers turning the pages and trying to figure out what is real and what is made up. 

Made You Up will be released on May 19, 2015. 

14 comments:

  1. This sounds fantastic and I can'rt wait to read it! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been waiting for that one too. It sounds so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one looks like an emotional roller coaster ride!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. had this for my WoW post last week! Can't wait! Great pick! :D

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a new to me one! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but I hope you thoroughly enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea I'm excited for this one too! Unreliable narrators are really interesting

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep seeing this everywhere and I can't wait to give it a go, it sounds awesome! Lovely pick :-) Here's my WoW if you would like to check it out! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already read this one and I really loved it! Hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I did. :)

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds really interesting and I love the cover! Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! This one sounds really interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds really good, and I love that cover. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not sure this one is for me, but I love the cover! I hope you get to read it soon :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so can't wait to read this book either. so want to tear into this unreliable character.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing...and enjoy. And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!