Thursday, April 9, 2015

Music Recs: Katy Perry

Music Recommendations was created so that I can share some of my favorite artists and bands with all of you!



Okay, now I know that everybody and their mother has probably heard of Katy Perry by now, seeing as she's like one of the queens of the music world. But I had to mention her anyways, because she's definitely one of my favorites!

I find it rather interesting that Katy originally used to sing religious music but she didn't get famous by it and she has lost a few record contracts but she kept staying strong and doing what she loved by being persistent. It's just very honorable of her. Plus, her movie, Katy Perry: The Part of Me, was one of the best documentaries I've seen. I felt so bad for her through most of it because of her husband, but she's just such a great person for staying so strong.

Another thing I love about Katy Perry is that when she performs in her concerts, she literally puts on a show with her audience. She has tons of backup dancers and has such elaborate costumes. I've only ever seen live performances on the internet, but it must be amazing to see her in person!
i've got the eye of the tiger gif

My favorite song of hers is The One That Got Away. The music video tells such a tragic story, but I've watched it countless times nonetheless. I'm a sap when it comes to love stories.

My other favorite, of course, is Hot N Cold because it's so funny. When I was younger, I actually brought my hair dresser a picture of Katy Perry from this music video and told her to cut my hair just like hers... that's how big of a fan I am!

Are you a fan of Katy Perry too?

12 comments:

  1. I love Katy Perry as well! I think my favorite songs of hers would have to be Dark Horse, By the Grace of God, and Hot and Cold!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Katy Perry!! I love Hot and Cold and Firework. I think one of my favorites is Wide Awake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Katy Perry! I don't think I have a favorite song of hers. I like a lot of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Katy Perry! The One That Got Away is probably one of my favorites of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her too, though I must admit I like some songs better than others. Hot and Cold is probably my favorite one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was lucky enough to get to see her live in concert when she came here to Nashville for her California Girls tour. Let me tell you, that was the best concert I have ever been to... and I've seen quite a few. As you said, the dancers, the sets, the costumes, everything so detailed. In fact, as soon as you walked into the arena, you could smell cotton candy everywhere. I think that was part of the experience and that they actually did something purposely to make it smell like that. It was amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous that you got to see her in concert! Seeing her in concert is definitely on my bucket list. The California Girls tour seemed like such a blast!

      Delete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!