Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Book Review: Aimee and the Heartthrob by Ophelia London

25206843Title: Aimee and the Heartthrob
Author: Ophelia London
Publisher: Entangled Crush
Release Date: April 14, 2015
Source: Netgalley
Edition: eARC
Genre: Contemporary

He never noticed her before, but now she's all he can see...
Miles Carlisle is every teen girl's fantasy. His rugged good looks and exotic British accent have helped catapult his boy band, Seconds to Juliet, to super-stardom. But after two disastrous and very public breakups, Miles isn't interested in dating just any girl; he wants The One. And the only girl he's interested in is not only his best friend's little sister-and off-limits-but won't even give him the time of day...
As a kid, Aimee Bingham had a huge thing for Miles... until he made fun of her for always tagging along. Now that she's outgrown both him and her pigtails, the prospect of spending two weeks on tour with the childhood crush who broke her heart isn't exactly enticing. Except now Miles seems interested. Very interested. And no matter how hard Aimee tries to resist him, her crush is definitely making a comeback.
But everyone knows that falling for a heartthrob is a backstage pass to heartbreak...
**Thank you to Entangled Crush for allowing me to read a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!**

The second that I saw an email about a new imprint from Entangled Teen called Entangled Crush, I squealed with glee! A whole imprint just for contemporary teen novels? Yes please! So, of course I had to request a copy of Aimee and the Heartthrob.

Aimee grew up with her older brother Nick who was hanging out with Miles Carlisle a lot in their younger years. Miles and Nick were the best of friends, but Aimee would always tag along with them. The thing is, she had the biggest crush on Miles to the point where she ended up creating a super secret online blog where she wrote about all of her fantasies with him to help express her feelings. After Miles becomes part of a boy band called Seconds to Juliet, Aimee's brother tells her that Miles always found her to be annoying and that he never liked her like that. She becomes completely devastated.

Flash forward a few years and Aimee is about to spend the summer with her best friend, Becky. A few days before she goes, Becky ends up getting mono so Aimee is shipped off with Nick where he's interning with Seconds to Juliet. Aimee can't believe it. She secretly has this huge crush on Miles still, even though he hurt her. What could happen with the two of them in three weeks?

I ABSOLUTELY DEVOURED THIS BOOK. It was so captivating and I was swept up with the characters and the luscious love story! I instantly related to Aimee who happens to run a review blog with her best friend Becky. It was mentioned a lot that she had to go and read a bit because she had to post reviews, and every time that something like that was mentioned, I loved her even more. She's definitely a new favorite protagonist of mine! I also loved how she wrote fanfiction. I've never actually wrote or really read any fanfiction, but it's super cool that she does. It made her seem normal, which I liked!

Miles was so totally awesome. I mean, the guy has a British accent and he plays guitar as part of a boy band. What girl wouldn't like him as a character? He's known for his track record of romancing a lot of ladies, though we come to find throughout the book that maybe his image isn't actually him after all. I love how sweet he was of Aimee and how protective he was of her. I could definitely tell how strongly he felt towards her and it was just the nicest thing! Also, he wrote Aimee a total of three songs! What girl wouldn't want that many songs to be written about her? He was just the best!

The romance between Miles and Aimee was great. I love how in the beginning they totally decided they'd just be friends but it turned out to be something more in the end. I'd definitely suggest giving this book a read because it's worth it! You too will be swept up into this seriously sweet romance! I can't wait to read more by Ophelia London in the future.

Rating:

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a sweet and cute romance! I like the whole relationship developing from friendship and the review blog idea. This seems like another romance novel I'd like to try. Great review!

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! I'm so glad to see a raving review for this one! I absolutely love the cover and I've been wondering if I want to read this book! I'm totally buying this when it comes out! Thank you for sharing!


    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is new to me, but it sounds like something I might love AND it has a gorgeous cover too. I"m adding it to my TBR list for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!