My name is Amanda, and I've been blogging for about a year now, and have loved every minute of it! My hands are in a whole bunch of jars, so to speak. I'm a book blogger, a graduate student (concentrating on Creative Writing), I'm an author (unpublished, but hopefully that will change soon), and an artist and photographer. I love working with people and discussing book with great people and inhaling coffee.
Let's get on with the questions, shall we?
1. Hardcover or paperback?
Hardcover. I think they just look so pretty on my bookshelf, and also I hate accidentally breaking the spines on paperbacks. It just makes my heart hurt!
2. Book or e-copy?
I like the physical copy. I like the touch and feel of a book. I like looking back at my favorite reads and seeing dried tear drops on the pages because it's there that I see my memories and remember my love for a book.
3. Library or book store?
Book store. I'm a TERRIBLE library person. I will hardly ever get a book from the library. That probably makes sense because I have always spent WAAAYYYY too much on books!
4. New books or used books?
I don't mind whether they are used or new just as long as they look new and don't have doggy-eared pages and coffee stains.
5. If you were in a book, which type of character would you be?
I would probably be the best friend. That always seems to be the category I fall into because I'm nice to everyone and everyone seems to like me but not love me.
6. Would you want the book you were featured in to be turned into a movie? Who would play you?
Actually no. I think I would cringe if I ever saw an actor try to play me. Talk about weird!
7. If you could live in any possible genre, which would you choose and why?
FANTASY! Definitely! I feel like life is just so much more epic in a fantasy novel! I want to be Celaena Sardothien so bad you don't even understand!
8. If you could meet any one author, who would you meet and why?
I would meet Sarah J. Maas. Once I meet her, I can die happy. She is my absolute FAVORITE author EVER! Everyone should read her books and fall so deeply in love they are changed forever.
9. If there was a book about your life, what would it be called?
The Non-Adventures of a Book Nerd
10. Which character in a novel most resembles you and why?
This may sound a bit weird but I think I resemble Tate Collins from Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. She wants to believe that there will be more with the guy she's interested in even though time and time again he tells her there won't be, but even still she wants to believe. I'm kind of like that. Once a person gives me a chance to believe in them, I will or I will die trying.
11. How many times have you read your favorite book and will you read it again?
I've read Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers probably a total of 6 times, and I will most like read it again. I reread it every few years or so.
12. Besides reading, what are some of your other favorite hobbies?
I run my own Etsy shop where I design bookish journals. It used to be just a hobby, but kinda turned into a small little business. You can check it out here: https://www.etsy.com/
13. What's your favorite book to movie adaptation?
OH that's such a difficult question!!! Right now, I really love Mockingjay Pt. 1, so I will go with that.
14. What's your favorite book cover color?
Red. It's just a really striking color in my opinion.
15. How do you organize your books on your bookshelf?
Top shelves are alway my most treasured hardbacks (most of them are series), and then I put the rest of my hard backs together from tallest to shortest, and they they vary after that.
16. What's your favorite genre of music? Your favorite bands?
I like listening to indie folk or anything acoustic and British. Ed Sheeran is my love, and I like Ingrid Michaelson and Ben Howard.
17. What are some of your favorite bloggers or booktubers?
Paper Fury!! I love Cait so much! Also It Starts at and Adrift on Vulcan.
18. What's your least favorite genre and why?
Contemporary. I just feel like it's way too predictable.
19. Who's your favorite author?
Sarah J. Maas. Have we covered just how amazing this woman is at writing?! I just love her so much!
20. Do you like to listen to music or snack on food while you read, or do you like it really quiet?
No I can't do snacking of music! I have to have complete silence, but if I am in a place where it's noisy, I will put in my head phones and listen to piano music by Jeremy Limb. It's the only thing I can do lol.
21. How many books do you usually read at a time?
I'm normally what I like to call a book polygamist. I will generally read two or three books at a time, but sometimes one just completely grabs me and I forget the rest.
22. If you were allowed to have a party and you could invite any three book characters, which three book characters would you invite and why?
Celaena Sardothien, Rowan (from HoF), and Meira from Snow Like Ashes. I think that would make for an interesting party lol!
Thank you so much for letting me interview you, Amanda!
Be sure to check out Amanda on:
Of Spectacles and Books
Of Spectacles and Books