Monday, March 9, 2015

Book Review: An Uncertain Choice by Jody Hedlund

22900446Title: An Uncertain Choice
Author: Jody Hedlund
Publisher: Zondervan
Release Date: March 3, 2015
Source: Netgalley
Edition: eARC

Due to her parents' promise at her birth, Lady Rosemarie has been prepared to become a nun on the day she turns eighteen. Then, a month before her birthday, a friend of her father's enters the kingdom and proclaims her parents' will left a second choice. If Rosemarie can marry before the eve of her eighteenth year, she will be exempt from the ancient vow.
Before long, Rosemarie is presented with the three most handsome and brave knights in the land. But when the competition for her heart seemingly results in a knight playing foul, she begins to wonder if the cloister is the best place after all. If only one of the knights the one who appears the most guilty had not already captured her heart. 
**Thank you to Zondervan for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review!**

Rosemarie's parents were killed, and ever since then she has had to rule the land that her parents left behind. There was a vow made on her parents behalf because of the way that she was conceived, which stated that Rosemarie was to become part of the convent as a nun once she turns 18. Because of this, Rosemarie does her best to not make any personal connections with guys, and they pretty much steer clear of her as well because they didn't want to fall in love with someone that they'd lose in the end.

One day, the duke comes to her with a loophole: she doesn't have to join the convent if she falls in love and gets married before the day she turns 18. The duke has brought 3 of his finest knights to try to win her over in one month. And so, it begins!

I adored this book. I thought it was so great how the three guys would do everything in their power to try to win Rosemarie over. She has to choose between Sir Bennet, Sir Collin and Sir Derrick. Sir Bennet doesn't really have anything in common with her; nor does Sir Collin. Sir Collin is just constantly trying to win her over with his money, so he's always buying her overly lavish and expensive jewelry that she couldn't imagine ever owning. Sir Derrick is different than both of them... he doesn't try to win Rosemarie over at all. He just sits back and watches the other two guys fight over her and he thinks that he doesn't stand a chance because of who he is.

Sir Derrick is definitely the best suitor though, because he has the most in common with Rosemarie. He loves to help the poor just like Rosemarie does even though some people tend to look down on it. This whole book kept me wondering who Rosemarie was going to choose and if she was even going to fall in love before the deadline in the first place. I despised the sheriff through the whole book and the abbot really got on my nerves too, ever since the beginning. He thought that he knew what was best for her when maybe he didn't. I am unaware as to if this is part of a series, though I do know that there is a prequel called The Vow. I may just have to pick that one up!

Rating:

16 comments:

  1. I have been seeing this book around on the internet, and have since been intrigued by it. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed it, and after reading your review I might pick it up sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a try! It was very fun. :)

      Delete
  2. I've thought about reading this book. I've read other books from this author and have really enjoyed her stories. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I didn't know that the author has written other books! I'm going to have to give them a read. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the premise for this book! Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this one sounds like so much fun and the premise is great. This definitely sounds like one for me. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love books and movies and TV shows that revolve around monarchs! I don't know, guilty pleasure, I guess! I also really enjoy plots which have a central conflict involving multiple men fighting over one girl. It's the most humorous thing ever! This definitely seems up my alley and I need to pick it up! Great review, Krystianna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I hope you like this one if you pick it up. :)

      Delete
  6. Yay! I'm glad you liked it because I've had my eye on it! Now I really want to read it!! Sounds right up my alley with all the potential suitors. (:

    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a nice set up, I haven't heard of this one

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen any reviews of this one but it sounds really great! Having the three guys sounds like a fairy tale scenario!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen at YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely an interesting book and I had fun rooting for one of the guys to steal her heart. :)

      Delete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!