Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Waiting on A Darker Shade of Magic!

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

22055262
Kell is one of the last Travelers-rare magicians who choose a parallel universe to visit.
Grey London is dirty, boring, lacks magic, ruled by mad King George. Red London is where life and magic are revered, and the Maresh Dynasty presides over a flourishing empire. White London is ruled by whoever has murdered their way to the throne. People fight to control magic, and the magic fights back, draining the city to its very bones. Once there was Black London-but no one speaks of that now.
Officially, Kell is the Red Traveler, personal ambassador and adopted Prince of Red London, carrying the monthly correspondences between royals of each London. Unofficially, Kell smuggles for those willing to pay for even a glimpse of a world they'll never see. This dangerous hobby sets him up for accidental treason. Fleeing into Grey London, Kell runs afoul of Delilah Bard, a cut-purse with lofty aspirations. She robs him, saves him from a dangerous enemy, then forces him to another world for her 'proper adventure'.
But perilous magic is afoot, and treachery lurks at every turn. To save all of the worlds, Kell and Lila will first need to stay alive-trickier than they hoped.


Release Date: February 24, 2015

24 comments:

  1. Haven't read any of hers yet, though I do want to read her YA series, heard great things about it. Don't usually read Adult either, but thinking about this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, I can not wait for this!!! Ahhh the 24th is to far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book! I really need it too!! I really need to read Vicious yet, but I loved The Archived series by her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I love Schwab. I actually won a copy of this from Tor and it arrived yesterday. I'm really excited to read it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want this book sooooo bad!! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

    Denise @ Dandelionn Wine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not my usual genre, but I hope you love it. That is a great cover, too! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to this one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been hearing a lot of good things about this book. I can't wait for it either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I AM DYING TO READ THIS BOOK, LIKE REALLY. I've heard a lot of good things about this book so far. Great pick!

    Kyla @ Carmel & Kyla - Waiting on Wednesday #18: The Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen this book a lot, will definitely be checking it out :) Thanks for stopping by my blog today (:

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only read one of VE Schwab's books so far, but the rest are definitely on my TBR list! Everyone seems to love them! I hope you like Darker Shade of Magic!
    Ariel @ Bookish Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha of course I'm excited about this seeing as it was half of my WOW this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very excited for this one! Love this cover, too--kind of reminds of The Little Prince LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I hadn't heard of this author before but this sounds like a great read, kind of historical fiction/fantasy- right up my street! Thank you for sharing Krystianna :)

    My WoW: http://emmasbookery.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/hosted-by-breaking-spine-happy_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pick!! I'm reading an egalley of this one now and it's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very excited for this, great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so looking forward to this too! :) It sounds soooo amazing!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not sure this would be my kind of read but I do hope you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my god, yes. I can't wait to read this one. Awesome pick. I hope you get to read it soon, and thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay! I'm participating in this tour and I can't wait to read the book!!! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow a lot of bloggers are anticipating this book and I feel like I'm starting to get into wanting this on my TBR as well! Great pick!

    Betsy @ I Sold My Soul For Books

    ReplyDelete
  22. First of all, thanks for stopping by my blog - I'm sorry it took me so long to check out yours but I had internet problems, ugh. But now to the book ... this one's also on my TBR list! It sounds super interesting and I like the cover a lot! Definitely looking forward to reading this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. The publisher gave me an ARC and I swear this is so awesome! My review will posted last week of February.. :)

    NYZE@EverythingNyze

    ReplyDelete
  24. OOH, YES. I need to get on my game and read Victoria Schwab's other books, but this just sounds so goooood. :D Great pick!!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!