Thursday, February 19, 2015

Music Recs: Foster the People

I had started this feature on my blog many months ago, so I thought I'd bring it back because I spend so much of my time listening to music... even when I read. 

Music Recommendations was created so that I can share some of my favorite artists and bands with all of you!

This week, I thought I'd share Foster the People.
foster the people black and white gif
I originally found Foster the People back when their hit song, Pumped Up Kicks, because huge. I later went and started listening to their other music, and lemme just say, they're pretty dang good! I find their music videos to be very entertaining to watch as well, because they tell stories instead of featuring just the band singing, which is awesome and makes me actually want to watch their music videos. None of their songs are explicit as well, which is an extra plus.

My personal favorite song by them is Houdini: 


It's such a cool music video to watch. They all die in the beginning and then they go on to perform the rest of their shows as robots which is pretty magical... hence the title, Houdini.

Are you a fan of Foster the People?

7 comments:

  1. I haven't listened to a lot of Foster the People but I definitely like them. xD I LOVE Houdini, but I find the music video really sad. :( Still, they're definitely excellent and omg, that dancing.
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, LOVE Foster the People! They are one of my favorites. Their music, especially the lyrics, is so profound and really touches on a lot of things many of us experience. Have you ever seen them perform live? They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really neat because it's not something that I see on my very bookish feed. It was a welcome break! Also, it's nice to see other Foster and the People fans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love Foster the People! Houdini is my favourite too as it reminds me of one of the best summers ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Foster the People!
    New follower :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lalalalalove this song! :D Ohgosh, I'm loving how your music taste is kinda similar to mine!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!