Thursday, February 5, 2015

Mini Book Review: The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson

12924426Title: The Lost Code
Author: Kevin Emerson
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Release Date: May 22, 2012
Edition: ARC (435 pages)
Genre: Science Fiction


In the year 2086, Camp Eden promises summer "the way things used to be," back before the oceans rose, the sun became a daily enemy, and modern civilization sank into chaos. Located inside the Eden West BioDome, the camp is an oasis of pine trees, cool water, and rustic charm.
But all at Camp Eden is not what it seems.
No one will know this better than 15-year-old Owen Parker. A Strange underwater vision, even stranger wounds on Owen's neck, and a cryptic warning from the enchanting lifeguard Lilly hint at a mystery that will take Owen deep beneath Lake Eden and even deeper into the past. What he discovers could give him the chance to save the tattered planet. But first, Owen will have to escape Camp Eden alive...
So I'd had this book for a while and finally decided to pick it up. I'm pretty glad that I did-it was way better than I thought it would be! I wish I had picked it up even sooner.

So I'm going to do something different for a review than I usually do for this book, and I'm going to list out my thoughts!


  • I loved how Owen had this huge crush on Lilly. It was pretty adorable. He really wanted her. 
  • The whole Atlanteans civilization was so awesome. It was definitely something different!
  • MERMAIDS ARE THE COOLEST.
  • I'm really wondering what will happen in book two....
  • The love story was pretty enjoyable
  • This world was pretty interesting and I loved the idea of CampEden
  • Even though this book was huge, I was surprised by how fast I flew through it! 
  • There was so much adventure, which usually makes me automatically love a book. Action&adventure&more.action.
  • I loved finding out more about what was going on with Owen and witnessing his shock and surprise
Notable Quotes:

"History is always written to serve the powerful."

"The night felt like it had gone by so fast, yet every second of it was bright and burned into my mind, and I felt sure I would never forget any of it, almost like I'd left some part of me back there on that island, a piece carved out that wouldn't travel into whatever came next. It would just stay behind, living that night over and over."

Rating:




Have you read this novel? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't sure about this one and the series because I saw that the second book had mixed reviews. I ended up grabbing an ARC anyway and plan on reading the whole series. I met the author and he was great. Glad you liked it. Thanks for stopping by!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!