Friday, February 13, 2015

Mini Book Review: Betrayed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

676924
Title: Betrayed
Author: P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: October 2, 2007
Source: Purchased
Edition: Paperback (310 pages)
Genre: Paranormal Romance, vampires

Zooey, High Priestess in training, has managed to settle in at the House of Night and come to terms with the vast powers of the Vampyre Goddess Nyx has given her. Just as she finally feels she belongs, the unthinkable happens: human teenagers are being killed, and all evidence points to the House of Night. While danger stalks the humans from Zooey's old life, she begins to realize that the very powers that make her so unique might also threaten those she loves.
  After racing through the first book in this series, I knew that I just had to pick up the second one. Lucky for me, I own the first three so I get to binge read!

As soon as I picked this up I was thrown right back into the world of vampyres that the P.C. and Kristin Cast created. In the second novel, teenagers are being killed and everyone thinks that it may be the House of Night and their vampyres that are causing it.

Though I did enjoy the first book more, this one was still pretty good. I loved Zooey and her friends even more. Stevie Rae and Damien are just the best. It's great that Zooey made friends so quickly. I think this book was much more action-packed than the first, which was great. I also feel like there was a lot more going on, since book one was just setting up the entire series.

One thing that I really liked about this sequel was that we learned more about the vampyre history, which was pretty cool. I don't get why some people don't like this series, though maybe it starts to get dragged on after a while because it's so long. I guess I'll find out soon enough if I still enjoy it!

Notable Quotes:


"Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."


"It was like I was inside a fishbowl in the middle of a typhoon, and everyone else was on the outside cluelessly enjoying the weather."

Rating:
Have you read this novel? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. I remember liking the first three books in this series but after that it went downhill for me. Somewhere along the way I gave up on them but I do hope you'll keep enjoying this series and all its craziness! And I've always loved the quote you put up there: "Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."
    It really does fit with the series. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!