Saturday, February 21, 2015

Interview with Alicia of Awesome Book Assessment!

Today I have an interview with Alicia of Awesome Book Assessment! Her blog is super cool, so be sure to check it out!

1. Hardcover or paperback? 
Hardcover for my favorite newer books, paperback for others.

2. Book or e-copy?
Book. I only read ARCs on my Kindle. It saves shelf space.

3. Library or book store?
Hard choice! Library. I get most of my books online because it's cheaper and there are more options.

4. New books or used books?
New books if I know they're going to be good ones, or they're favorites already that I don't own. Used if they're old ones that I want to own but they aren't favorites, exactly.

5. If you were in a book, which type of character would you be?
I'd be one of those badass heroines. In a fantasy romance.

6. Would you want the book you were featured in to be turned into a movie? Who would play you?
Yeah, movies are awesome. Tessa Thompson. She's awesome.

7. If you could live in any possible genre, which would you choose and why?
Fantasy for the win! I have a huge thing for magic.

8. If you could meet any one author, who would you meet and why?
Kristin Cashore! I love her Graceling books. But if I could meet Lewis Carroll, if he was still alive, that would make my entire life. He's my literary idol.

9. If there was a book about your life, what would it be called?
Life of a Genius. Haha

10. Which character in a novel most resembles you and why?
I'm a pretty solid mix between Katsa (Graceling) and Hermione (Harry Potter), with some Luna (Harry Potter) thrown in. I'm smart and good at things but also a little crazy sometimes.

11. How many times have you read your favorite book and will you read it again?
Funnily enough, I've only read Alice in Wonderland a handful of times and I certainly intend to read it again. I am currently collecting different editions of it. I have 7 so far.

12. Besides reading, what are some of your other favorite hobbies?
Sculpting, playing piano and composing, writing, other forms of art, rapping (sometimes), listening to music, eating, sleeping, baking (sometimes), watching Adventure Time (that's pretty much the only thing I watch), etc.

13. What's your favorite book to movie adaptation?
Holes, by Louis Sachar.

14. What's your favorite book cover color?
The shades of green on the Graceling cover.

15. How do you organize your books on your bookshelf?
By author, then series. Also by genre.

16. What's your favorite genre of music? Your favorite bands?
I listen to pretty much everything. I like Maroon 5, Skrillex, Mother Mother, Lorde, Eminem, and a ton of others. Pop and rap would be my favorite genres though, with dubstep coming in third.

17. What are some of your favorite bloggers or booktubers?
My blogging bestie and pen pal Jillie (Jillian's Books).

18. What's your least favorite genre and why?
Nonfiction and anything religious. Well I like some biographies and memoirs but mostly I'm not a fan of nonfiction. 

19. Who's your favorite author?
Lewis Carroll and Kristin Cashore. Second place: Libba Bray and J.K. Rowling. Third: Stephanie Perkins.

20. Do you like to listen to music or snack on food  while you read, or do you like it really quiet?
I can read in any setting. I occasionally snack, but not as much as I used to. It's hard to eat when I'm really engrossed in a book.

21. How many books do you usually read at a time?
I used to read up to 5, but now I do one or two because I have to review them and it helps to really concentrate on one at a time.

22. If you were allowed to have a party and you could invite any three book characters, which three book characters would you invite and why?
Katsa from Graceling (she would be my best friend), Hermione (she's basically me), and the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland (that would be an extremely interesting party).

Thank you so much for letting me interview you, Alicia!
Be sure to check out Alicia on:

2 comments:

  1. Fun interview. I never thought about collecting book editions of my favorite book. Little Women and Pride and Prejudice are the two I read over and over, and there are -tons- of editions of them. :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!