Thursday, January 1, 2015

My Top 14 of 2014

Although I didn't read much this year, I read quite a few books that absolutely blew my mind. I read a total of 43 books, and most of them were contemporary (which is a huge shock to me considering it's my least favorite genre). Anyways, these were my favorites (in no particular order)!

18049084
I got this book on Christmas and finished it the next day. It was unlike anything that I've ever read before and the concept was just so different-I absolutely devoured it. I really loved Travis Coates too! I felt so bad for him all the time. 






12425532
 I won this entire trilogy in a giveaway and I had been meaning to read it for the longest time, so when I got the package in the mail I started right away! I was absolutely blown away by this entire series; it was so enjoyable and I loved Galen and Emma's relationship.





15745753
 Eleanor & Park was something different for me because I don't usually read contemporaries. I had picked this one up because of all the raving reviews for all of Rainbow's novels. I definitely loved it and can't wait to read the rest of her novels in the upcoming year.




11472275
If I had one top favorite, this book would be it. Okay, I guess this one is my top favorite. It was just so amazing-it was video games and virtual realities and adventure and romance and friendship and fantasy and eighties references all wrapped up into one book! Ernest Cline is definitely one of my top favorite authors now. 





10798418
 This book was fun to read because of all the pictures that it had in it. It was really enjoyable following all of the memories of the relationship while getting to see what's left over of it with all the pictures of items from the box.







17332968
So this was my last read of 2014. I'd never read an A.S. King novel before though I'd heard really great things so I was excited to pick this one up, plus the concept was kinda cool. I mean a reality TV childhood star who has grown up and now has anger management issues? It was interesting to see how reality TV can really effect someone. 






6442769


 John Green. 'Nuff said.







17167088
 This book surprised me so much--especially at the end. I really can't wait to continue on with the series.







169756
So this was yet another sci-fi book. I really love the world that M.T. Anderson created. It showed what could happen to our world with all the over-advertising that we are always constantly seeing. I'd be scared if this happened in the future, because it very well could.





17838475
 So I read The Body Finder a few years ago and I thought it was alright so I decided to give this one a try. It was a really cool read that I read in one complete sitting. That doesn't happen often to me!









What were your top reads of 2014?





6 comments:

  1. The only book I have read on your list is Ender's Game. I haven't done a 'top' list yet. Maybe I'll still do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have The Taking on my shelf but I haven't gotten around to it yet. It sounds like I need to pick it up soon though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many books on this list that I need to read! I tried Ready Player One on audio, and I think the narrator ruined it for me. I should still find in hardcover and give it another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Noggin earlier this year and thought it was... well... weird. LOL Not good or bad really, just very strange. I loved Eleanor & Park and I really enjoyed The Taking too. Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, Ready Player One was my FAVORITE read of 2014. It completely blew me away (after I slogged through a bit of the slow intro.) :D Glad it's on your list! I'll have to try some of the others you listed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ready Player One and the Taking are both on my TBR list. I also have wanted to read Of Poseidon but I had heard mixed things about it so wasn't really sure about it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!