Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Book Review: Of Neptune by Anna Banks

18525702
Title: Of Neptune
Author: Anna Banks
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Release Date: May 13, 2014
Source: Won
Edition: Hardcover (330 pages)
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Mermaids

Emma, who is half human and half Syrena, and her Syrena love, Galen, need time together. Alone. Away from the kingdoms of Poseidon and Triton. Emma's grandfather, the Poseidon king, suggests the two visit a small town called Neptune.
Neptune is home to both Syrena and Half-Breeds alike. But Emma and Galen didn't sign up to be peacemakers between the ocean-living Syrena and the land-dwelling, freshwater counterparts. They didn't bargain for meeting a charming Half-Breed named Reed, who can barely disguise his feelings for Emma. And they especially didn't expect to find themselves in the middle of a power struggle that threatens not only their love, but their ocean kingdoms.

In the third installment of the Syrena Legacy, Emma is told by her grandfather about this town that she and Galen should really visit. So what do they do? They pack up and go on vacation there. Once they get to this town, they find that it's actually filled with tons of people just like Emma-they're all half-breeds who happen to live peacefully among other humans (their town is even a hot tourist spot that humans love to visit!).

Emma, of course, is quite happy to see that their are others like her out there and that she's not alone. Galen, on the other hand, is less excited. He's worried that Emma will find a guy that she believes is better for her since they have the same amount of years to spend with one another or they will have more in common. There's also this guy named Reed who they meet right after the bat, and Reed has a keen liking for Emma. Of course Emma doesn't feel the same for Reed (obviously), though jealousy can be cruel.

I loved this book even more than the first two installments in this fantastical series. I adore the relationship between Emma and Galen even more than I did before-they really are always going to be there for each other and always love one another. They've definitely grown as people and have learned to overcome many obstacles together. I did really like Reed a lot too. He was a really good guy and he respected that Galen and Emma were together enough to not do anything irrational though he did flirt with Emma quite often. The ending of this book was really amazing as well, and this is definitely going down as one of my all time favorite series. It's not often that I find a trilogy that I rate every book in the series 5 stars. I think the last time I did that was with The Hunger Games and that was over 2 years ago! I definitely suggest picking up this series because there's really something in it for everyone: there's romance, mythology, and even fantasy.

Notable Quotes:

"Emma, I will love you with every breath in my body and beyond my own death. I swear to be your shield, your protector, your worshiper. There is nothing I will deny you. I am yours."

Recommended for fans of:
Mythology
Percy Jackson

Rating:

Have you ever read this novel? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!