Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Waiting on The Rain!

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.
21116887
One minute sixteen-year-old Ruby Morris is having her first proper snog with Caspar McCloud in a hot tub, and the next she's being bundled inside the house, dripping wet, cold and in her underwear. Not cool. As she and Caspar shiver in the kitchen, it starts to rain. They turn on the radio to hear panicked voices-'It's in the rain... it's in the rain...' That was two weeks ago, and now Ruby is all alone. People weren't prepared for the rain, got caught out in it, didn't realize that you couldn't drink water from the taps either. Even a drip of rain would infect your blood, and eat you from the inside out. Ruby knows she has to get to London to find her dad, but she just doesn't know where to start... After rescuing all the neighbourhood dogs, Ruby sets off on a journey that will take her the length of the country-surviving the only way she knows how.

Will be released July 17, 2014 by Macmillan children's books!

6 comments:

  1. I really like the cover. This book sounds so good though, I am going to have to add it to my TBR shelf!

    Amber @ The Book Bratz
    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pick! Totally new to me! Cover is definitely interesting!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is so dark and mysterious, isn't it? I love the treatment of the title, the way that brilliant red is dripping with rain and being circled by birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohh, this sounds like an interesting read! I'm adding this to my TBR list... and nice to know that it'll be released this month!! :D

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I haven't seen this one yet and it sounds pretty intense. Great pick!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah, adding to my Goodreads. Sounds awesome. I'm guessing it's set in England because of her "first proper snog", ahaha.

    Axie @ Books are Bread

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!