Saturday, July 5, 2014

Interview with Greg of Blog the Eclectic!

Blog The EclecticToday I have an interview with Greg, whose blog is Blog the Eclectic. He has been blogging since 2010 and his first book, Conditions, was published in 2012.  Greg's favorite dystopian novel is Earth Abides by George R. Stewart. Let's get onto the interview, shall we?

1. Besides reading, what are some of your other favorite hobbies?
I play historical miniature wargames. I write poetry, fiction, and nonfiction. I ref youth soccer.

2. What's your favorite book to movie adaptation?
The Lord of the Rings movies

3. What's your favorite book cover color?
Green

4. How do you organize your books on your bookshelf?
I hate to admit it but, shotgun. In other words, there is no order.

5. What's your favorite genre of music? Your favorite bands?
Modest Mouse, the Mountain Goats

6. What are some of your favorite bloggers or booktubers?
DonnieDarkoGirl, L K Hill, Musings on Fantasia, Alison Can Read

7. What's your least favorite genre and why?
Horror. I don't like to be scared.

8. Who's your favorite author?
Tough one. Tolkien, Harper Lee, John Toland and Jared Diamond for nonfiction, Poe, Dickens.

9. Do you like to listen to music or snack on food  while you read, or do you like it really quiet?
I like it quiet, though usually a beverage is good!

10. How many books do you usually read at a time?
Up to 3. Usually one fiction and one nonfiction and occasionally one for a review.

11. If you were allowed to have a party and you could invite any three book characters, which three book characters would you invite and why?
Dr. Watson (Sherlock Holmes' sidekick) mostly because he is the storyteller and would have all the color of Homes without the ascerbity. Boomir (from The Fellowship of the Ring) because he is one of the most complex characters in the book. The Raven (from Poe) because I'd like to know where he gets off with his "nevermore".

Find Greg on:
Blog the Eclectic
Bloglovin

Thank you so much for letting me interview you, Greg!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool - Greg, I'm honored to be one of your favorite blogs! That gives me a really good feeling. My bookshelves have no order, too, lol, and I really enjoy Modest Mouse as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!