Sunday, June 8, 2014

Book Review: Dream Boy by Mary Crockett and Madelyn Rosenberg

18478539Title: Dream Boy
Author: Mary Crockett and Madelyn Rosenberg
Publisher: SourcebooksFire
Release Date: July 1, 2014
Source: Publisher for Review
Edition: eARC (336 pages)
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Annabelle Manning feels like she's doing time at her high school in Chilton, Virginia. She has her friends at her lunchtime table of nobodies. What she doesn't have are possibilities. Or a date for Homecoming. Things get more interesting at night, when she spends time with the boy of her dreams. But the blue-eyed boy with the fairytale smile is just that-a dream. Until the Friday afternoon he walks into her chemistry class.

One of friends suspects he's an alien. Another is pretty sure it's all one big case of deja vu. While Annabelle doesn't know what to think, she's willing to believe that the charming Martin Zirkle may just be her dream come true. But as Annabelle discovers the truth behind dreams-where they come from and what they mean-she is forced to face a dark reality she had not expected. More than just Martin has arrived in Chilton. As Annabelle learns, if dreams can come true, so can nightmares.
Thank you to SourcebooksFire for giving me an e-galley to read in exchange for an honest review!

Every night, Annabelle has dreams about a boy with blue eyes named Josh. He's her boyfriend in these dreams and they do a lot together. When Annabelle is awake, she even draws pictures of him. She just feels so close to Josh. Then, one day in Chemistry class, Josh just happens to show up at Annabelle's school... though his name is Martin Zirkle. Annabelle just can't believe that he's real.

Annabelle doesn't tell anybody that she has dreamed about him except for her close friends, Talon and Serena. She even keeps it from her best friend Will, who has been there for her since they were younger. Will and Annabelle do absolutely everything together, and their friendship is just so sweetening.

This book was just so interesting to me. I'm a huge fan of anything that involves dreams and I've never read a book involving dreams before, so I absolutely adored reading this one. The characters were really great as well and my favorite character would have to be Will. He was just always there for Annabelle and he had this really obvious crush on her that she can't even see. They were just so wonderful.

I really loved Annabelle's other friends as well, like Talon and Serena. Right off the bat we find out that Talon had dreamed about her dog Spice right before she actually got him, which is really odd considering that Annabelle always dreamed about Martin. Once Martin actually came to the school in Chilton, Annabelle had stopped dreaming about him, almost as if he had completely disappeared in her mind. Martin was everything that Annabelle had ever wanted and he was just so perfect for her. They were absolutely adorable together and I loved it whenever they were together. It was great because he just knew everything about her as well.

I loved the whole idea behind this book-dreaming something and having it actually come true. It's also a reminder that all dreams shouldn't come true... especially nightmares because they can be just as common as a good dream to some people. I really enjoyed this book and since I read it as an e-galley I just may have to buy myself a copy because of how good it was. I highly recommend this novel.

Rating:

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you loved this book! Books involving dreams are so interesting, but I don't think I've ever been wowed by one yet. Maybe this one will be the one to finally do that. I'm really looking forward to reading this and meeting its great characters. :) Great review!

    I actually have an interview with one of the authors going up on my blog tomorrow. I think you would like it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!