Saturday, January 4, 2014

My Top 13 of 2013

This year I read a total of 67 books. It may be not even close to the 108 I read last year, but I read quite a few larger books rather than small ones. In the end, this year was a really good year, so I don't know how I'll be able to pick my favorites, but it must be done! So here they are!

1610821210. The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
As soon as I read the first book in this series, I just couldn't wait to get my hands on the next book. This one was even better than the first one and I just couldn't put it down! Plus, the ending... I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK.

10838787
9. Pawn by Aimee Carter
I found this book on Goodreads and I just automatically knew that I had to read it and I'm so glad that I did. This book was just so unique and unlike anything that I've read. It's really adventure sci-fi which I loved. There's also Knox, who I absolutely adore
.
13514612
8. All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
15842439I'm one of the biggest time travel fans... I absolutely love Doctor Who. That's probably why I loved this book so much. I just loved the characters and the whole idea that Terill came up with. I definitely recommend it.

7. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
16101128I originally picked this up because I wanted to read it before the movie came out. All that I knew was that it was about zombies. It's actually about a lot more than that, which is probably why I loved it, as well as the movie! I'm probably going to reread this one this year.

6. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
I've found that I really love reading bigger books, so this one was just a perfect read. I loved how mysterious the characters were, as well as how the past and present were interwoven. This is just such a fantastic adventure novel that everyone should read.
99561
12283261
5. Looking for Alaska by John Green
I read The Fault in Our Stars in 2012 and I really loved it, so I knew that I had to read more of John Green's books. I actually chose this one because of the quotes that I'd seen on Goodreads. Any book with good quotes is worth reading, and this book definitely proved that statement.

4. Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha van Leer
6514178Wow... this book was just unbelievably awesome. I didn't know that I'd love it this much. I think I loved it because it really made me think. I got to think about what the characters in books really do when the book is closed. I also got to fall in love with a fairytale prince. It was just a really fun read.

3. The Knife of Never Letting Go Trilogy by Patrick Ness
15790843I read this entire series in a week, and with good reason. I love my dystopians, and I'd heard such great things about this series. I really loved all of the characters and the great writing. I really want to read more by Patrick Ness.

2.  172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad
This book was so creepy and awesome! I really don't want to go to the moon now. I don't want to say too much, but if you're looking for a creepy horrorish-science fiction read, definitely pick this up.

15752340
1. Gated by Amy Christine Parker
I can't even use words to express how much I loved this book. Everything that happened was just. so. unexpected. I couldn't believe what was happening and I just couldn't stop reading. I will never stop recommending this one to friends and other readers, because this is a book that everyone NEEDS to read. 

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE Looking for Alaska and The Evolution of Mara Dyer. The Retribution can't come soon enough!

    I really need to read All Our Yesterdays, especially if it's good for Doctor Who fans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it sad that I haven't read any of these books? But at least they are all on my TBR pail. I really want to get to Pawn, All Our Yesterdays, and 172 Hours on the Moon soon. If not this month then next month.
    Happy 2014 reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read one book from your list (#10, The Evolution of Mara Dyer) but I really liked that one! I loved that it messed with my head a little. I really need to read more 2013 books though. I'm dying to read The 5th Wave in particular :)

    -P.E. @ The Sirenic Codex

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved the Mara Dyer series and I can't wait until the last book comes out. I hope it ends well! And I loved All Our Yesterdays too, one of my favorite time travel books. And The 5th Wave...so good! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got The Evolution of Mara Dyer from the library. I'm looking forward to reading it. All Our Yesterdays was awesome. I haven't read any other books on your list. My tbr list is always growing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many awesome books! I still really need to read THE EVOLUTION OF MARA DYER, PAWN, and ALL OUR YESTERDAYS. I looove Patrick Ness's books, I'm so happy to see his book as your top third! I actually sadly didn't enjoy GATED very much at all, but I'm glad you loved it so much. Great list, happy reading in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fave books of 2013! I read and LOVE All My Yesterdays. But I thought The 5 Wave was just okay! I couldn't connect with it no matter how hard I tried. Though I will be reading the next book, I'm ding to know what happens!

    Thanks for stopping my STS @ Addicted Readers! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!