Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014 Blogging Goals

I did a post on all of my goals last year, so I thought it would only be great if I did it yet again!

First off, let's take a look at my goals from last year and see how I did on them.

1. Either continue or finish series. So, I did okay with this one. I finished the Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater, the Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness, and the Matched trilogy by Ally Condie. I continued a total of 9 series.

2. Reach twice as many followers as I have now by the end of the year. I'm pretty sure I did this and I'm quite proud of what I've accomplished. :)

3. Finish at least 108 books, if not more. I completely failed this one. I read 67 books this year, though I read many books that were much thicker than 400 pages.

4. Read more books that are soon-to-be movies. I did okay on this-I read 3.

5. Finish at least 3/4 of the books on my shelf that I haven't read. So apparently I was really ambitious last year if I thought I could accomplish this. Of course, I didn't. I've probably got way more books on my shelves than I did last year. Silly me! 

6. Read at least 15 contemporaries. I'm actually quite surprised of how I did on this goal; I read 12! I'm not the biggest fan of contemporary so this is impressive.

7. Read more John Green. Sadly, I only read one John Green book-Looking for Alaska. I really loved it though!

8. Read more Jennifer L. Armentrout. I didn't read any Jennifer L. Armentrout this year... FAIL.

9. Read all of the released books by Cassandra Clare. I tried so hard to do this. I kept borrowing the rest of the series from the library but I never read them. Maybe this year?

10. Review at least 75 dystopian books. I reviewed 34 dystopian books, which is pretty impressive.

SO I clearly set really high goals for myself and I'm not sure why! Let's see what goals I have this year for reading and blogging.

1. Read 60 books. This is pretty reasonable, I think.

2. Read what I want. I'm not going to read books because I think I have to-it's too stressful. I'm just going to read what I'd like.

3. Maybe get rid of some books. I have sooo many books on my shelves. I think maybe I should go through and get rid of some.

4. Finish more series. This year, I'd like to finish 5 series.

5. Not have any breaks! This year I had two blogging breaks, and I'm not sure I want to do that again. I feel bad when my blog is sad and nothing new is being posted!

6. New design? I may make a new design sometime. I really want to buy a design, but I may just make one for myself again.

7. EXPERIMENT! I really want to try new things this year, and try new ways of blogging.

What are some of your blogging and reading goals?

7 comments:

  1. 67 is still way more books than most people can even fathom reading in a year! You should definitely be proud of that. Reading what I want and experimenting are goals for myself, as well.

    Samantha @ Reading-AndCoffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice goals! Hope you can accomplish all of them this year!!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great list, good luck with your goals! I pretty much have to read what I like, otherwise it would feel like a chore and my motivation would probably plummet. A new design sounds good too, I need one. :)

    Have a great week! New follower on Twitter, otherwise old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great that you set high goals for yourself last year, but then were realistic when you evaluated what you did and didn't do. Nothing wrong with aiming high as long as you don't beat yourself up for not quite getting there.

    Good luck with all of this year's goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your goals.. #2 is a good one. I should probably set for myself as well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You set some pretty ambitious goals for yourself last year!
    #5 though....totally unrealistic! Seriously....none of us will reach that unless we lock the door, quit blogging so we don't ADD to our collection. Because you always want to read your newest book first and then you'll 'get back to the others'. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally get the experiment thing!! I feel like my blog is kind of...stuck. There are so many things you can do with..the internet and I really want to step up the game a lil' bit this year...just always hard to figure out how... :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!