Saturday, December 14, 2013

Mini Book Review: Arclight by Josin L. McQuein

Title: Arclight
Author: Josin L. McQuein
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Release Date: April 23, 2013
Edition: ARC
Genre: Science Fiction
Cover Review: I picked up this book for a reason, and one of those reasons was the cover. Look at it!
Tagline: N/A
Series: N/A
Main Character: Marina


No one crosses the wall of light . . . except for one girl who doesn’t remember who she is, where she came from, or how she survived. A harrowing, powerful debut thriller about finding yourself and protecting your future—no matter how short and uncertain it may be.

The Arclight is the last defense. The Fade can’t get in. Outside the Arclight’s border of high-powered beams is the Dark. And between the Light and the Dark is the Grey, a narrow, barren no-man’s-land. That’s where the rescue team finds Marina, a lone teenage girl with no memory of the horrors she faced or the family she lost. Marina is the only person who has ever survived an encounter with the Fade. She’s the first hope humanity has had in generations, but she could also be the catalyst for their final destruction. Because the Fade will stop at nothing to get her back. Marina knows it. Tobin, who’s determined to take his revenge on the Fade, knows it. Anne-Marie, who just wishes it were all over, knows it.
When one of the Fade infiltrates the Arclight and Marina recognizes it, she will begin to unlock secrets she didn’t even know she had. Who will Marina become? Who can she never be again?

Arclight was a really interesting book. I went into it expecting something way different than what it actually was, and what it actually was happened to be a pleasant surprise! The world that Marina lives in is really cool, and I loved it. I also loved how mysterious our main character was, because sometimes not knowing everything about your main character makes it all the more fun to read. One of my favorite things about reading is the twists, and this book was full of them, which I absolutely loved!

This book was also one of my most looked-forward to books of 2013, and with reason now! The cover is absolutely gorgeous and the story inside definitely matches. I loved the whole idea of the Fade that McQuein came up with. I was instantly intrigued by them as soon as I found out about them. Plus the whole idea that one of the Fade came into the Arclight was absolutely remarkable. I loved how they interacted with the people of the Arclight. If you're looking for a book that's really original and that's also a fun read, definitely pick up Arclight!

Recommended for fans of:
Science Fiction
The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse

Notable Quotes:
I wasn’t home. Home wasn’t that bed and that pain. Home didn’t hurt. There were no strangers who hid their faces or their voices from me. Home held no secrets. 

Rating:
 
Have you read this novel? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. Ooohhh, I've seen this book before on people's Stacking the Shelves, but I haven't really seen many reviews for it. I always though it sounded so interesting, but I didn't know if I should read it or not. Now I really want to read it!!!
    And I agree with you, the cover is just gorgeous!!
    Great review :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed this book! This is one of those that I have but just haven't found the time to read...hopefully I'll get to it one day, and from your review it sounds like it's well worth the read! Happy Holidays! ~Rachel at The (YA) Bookcase

    ReplyDelete
  3. These days, guide the conversion process features revolutionized the way in the posting planet. These days, in an effort to maintain this modern-day trend, many writers as well as marketers are generally streamlining their own creation by simply transforming their own guides in ebooks or perhaps a digital guides.best engineering graduate schools

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...