Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Waiting on The Eye of Minds!

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that features upcoming books that we're looking forward to!

An all-new, edge-of-your seat adventure from James Dashner, the author of the New York Times bestselling Maze Runner series, The Eye of Minds is the first book in The Mortality Doctrine, a series set in a world of hyperadvanced technology, cyberterrorists, and gaming beyond your wildest dreams . . . and your worst nightmares.

Michael is a gamer. And like most gamers, he almost spends more time on the VirtNet than in the actual world. The VirtNet offers total mind and body immersion, and it’s addictive. Thanks to technology, anyone with enough money can experience fantasy worlds, risk their life without the chance of death, or just hang around with Virt-friends. And the more hacking skills you have, the more fun. Why bother following the rules when most of them are dumb, anyway?

But some rules were made for a reason. Some technology is too dangerous to fool with. And recent reports claim that one gamer is going beyond what any gamer has done before: he’s holding players hostage inside the VirtNet. The effects are horrific—the hostages have all been declared brain-dead. Yet the gamer’s motives are a mystery.

The government knows that to catch a hacker, you need a hacker.
And they’ve been watching Michael. They want him on their team.
But the risk is enormous. If he accepts their challenge, Michael will need to go off the VirtNet grid. There are back alleys and corners in the system human eyes have never seen and predators he can’t even fathom—and there’s the possibility that the line between game and reality will be blurred forever.
The Eye of Minds will be released October 8 by Delacorte Press.

7 comments:

  1. sounds good. i like books about gamers and video games since i am a gamer lol.

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! This one's new to me!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I was excited that James Dashner was coming out with a new book because I had just started reading the Maze Runner, but then I finished the series and was less that impressed. I still might give teh Eye of the Mind as try, but won't be running to get it as soon as it released. Did you read TMR?

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this one sounds really good, and the virtual reality thing is a neat premise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh...this does sound good. I enjoyed The Maze Runner so I'll probably read this one too. Great pick! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, this was a absolutely superior post. In approach I'd like to address like this too - demography time and absolute accomplishment to accomplish a acceptable article... but what can I say... I adjourn alot and never assume to get something done.
    infant costume

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds thrilling and I like that it's been released already so we don't have to wait!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!