Saturday, September 7, 2013

Interview with Stephanie and Jessica of Hopeless Romantics!

Hopeless RomanticsSo a few weeks ago I came across this awesome blog called Hopeless Romantics. The first thing I loved was the design. I mean, it's AWESOME. I then continued searching around and I found that not only are the bloggers sisters, they're funny sisters. So of course, I had to follow.

Interview time!




Stephanie: We’re sisters and just started our book blog in early July. We both love to read all the time (the pile of books we bring home from the library could probably crush small animals).
Jessica: Not that we’ve tested that.
Stephanie: Right… Anyways, we both love using Goodreads and often read the reviews posted for the books we read. We mostly just talk about books together, but being interested in web design, I really wanted to create a design for my own blog.
Jessica: Saved me the trouble =)
Stephanie: You could try and say something beneficial to this interview rather than your random comments ya know.
Jessica: Cool, my turn. Well, she changed the design of our blog A LOT. She was like a perfectionist. Not that I’m complaining, I like the design. At first we didn’t really know what we were doing with this blog. We just kept posting reviews that almost no one saw. Turns out there are bloggers out there that will return the favor if you comment on their blog (be warned, we have your blogs bookmarked).
Stephanie: We are still very new at this and are continually learning to become better at blogging and reviewing. You should have seen us when we got our first follower. I danced around the house like a crazy person.
Jessica: She did.
Stephanie: Natalie@Natflixandbooksis awesome!
Jessica: So far we have loved blogging and reviewing books. We hope to continue doing it far into the future!


1. Hardcover or paperback?


Jessica: Without a doubt hardcover. I hate when books have those creases that show with paperbacks. It’s easier to take care of a hardcover book and keep it new.
Stephanie: Whichever is cheaper. I usually only get the hardcover book if a paperback isn’t available to purchase. I’m a college kid and half Dutch = me cheap. Although if I’m at a library book sale, I’ll usually go for the hardcovers because they’re only $0.50 more.


2. Book or e-copy?


Jessica: Always a book for me because I don’t own an ereader and haven’t downloaded adobe digital editions to read library ebooks.
Stephanie: I prefer a book because it’s easier for me to flip to different parts of the book that I want to reread. I never seem to remember the length percentage when reading on my kindle. I usually only buy ebooks if the book is not available at my library and when I’m not sure if I’ll completely love it. 


3. Library or bookstore?


Stephanie: Library. Did I mention I prefer not to spend money? I actually love to hang out in a book store to browse their many books and then create a list of books to check out from the library. I’ll just take pictures of the books to save for later.
Jessica: I also primarily receive books from the library. It’s just easier and closer than the book store. I’ll only buy new books that I can’t wait for the library to order or my favorites.


4. New books or used books?


Stephanie: I love new books. Just the feel and look of a new book is great. I’ll take used book anytime though too. Usually when I’m at a library book sale, I’ll avoid the books that look really damaged.
Jessica: Same here, I’ll take either. Nothing beats a brand new book though =)

5. If you were in a book, what kind of character would you be?


Jessica: The hero of course. I’d have cool powers or wield a sword. I would also never die and have a hot guy sidekick. Maybe I’d fly on a dragon too. For that matter, it would be cool to be a dragon myself.
Stephanie: The love interest because, of course, I would star in a romance! I love reading about characters that are just falling in love. Plus, If I’m in the book and creating the story, I’d totally have a smokin hot guy be my love interest lol =D


6. Would you want the book you were featured in to be turned into a movie? Who would play you?
Jessica: I would play the part! No one could mimic my character’s wit and humor but me. If I--
Stephanie: Yes, cause you are just soooo funny Jess. I laugh at, I mean with you all the time…
Jessica: Thank you, you peasant. Your sarcasm has been ignored. DO NOT INTERUPT ME AGAIN! Now, as I was saying…If I were to be a dragon the computer would have to create me, but I would be the voice for the dragon.
Stephanie: I don’t know if I would want a romance book I’m starring in to be turned into a movie. I’d be kinda weird for me. It would be like, oh hey, there’s me kissing that super-hot actor guy and everyone’s watching. Who would play me? Not Miley Cyrus lol. I actually love animated movies, so I guess I’d prefer to just be an animated character who can sing (cause animated musicals are awesome *cough* Beauty and the Beast *cough*).

7. If you could live in any possible genre, which would you choose and why?


Stephanie: A time traveling romance. I love reading books were the main character goes from the present into the past and falls in love. I’d love to visit the past and visit castles and old Victorian homes.
Jessica: Fantasy. So I could be a dragon or have powers. :)


8. If you could meet any one author, who would you meet and why?


Stephanie: Janette Rallison. I always laugh when I read her books. I would want to meet to tell her to write the third book in the My Fairy Godmother series quicker because I love that series!
Jessica: Rick Riordan. So I could pester him to release the Army of Hades book faster.


9. If there was a book about your life, what would it be called?


Jessica: The All-star, Amazing, Fantabulous, American Teenager.
Stephanie: You forgot humble.
Jessica: QUIET PEASANT!
Stephanie: If I was coming up with the name, it would probably be something like “Book Title” or “Book about My Life” by Stephanie. I’m very unoriginal when it comes to creating titles and I often struggle with this. They’re just too short.


10. Which character in a book you've read most resembles you and why?


Stephanie: That’s a hard question. Maybe Lindy from Beastly. She’s smart and has a loves to read books.
Jessica: No one can match this awesomeness. So none.
Stephanie: Wow… just wow. Maybe she was adopted…
Jessica: You only wish you were related to this.


11. How many times have you read your favorite book and will you read it again?


Stephanie: My favorite book is My Unfair Godmother by Janette Rallison. I don’t even know how many times I’ve read it. The scenes from that book still make me laugh.
Jessica: My favorite book is probably the Crimson Crown. I’ve only read the whole thing once. I like to reread my favorite parts a lot though. 

The Sisters can be found here:

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for interviewing us! We had fun filling it out =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha they really are funny sisters! I loved the interview :)
    - Kritika

    Check out the Earth Dwellers blog tour stop on my blog. Unlimited free e-books and a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the personality on display here! I am also a library girl-so lucky we have good libraries near us!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!