Saturday, September 14, 2013

Interview with Jess of Such a Novel Idea!

I've been following Jess's blog for quite a while, so it's really cool that she's going to be featured this week! Here's a little intro from Jess:

suchanovelideabutton2.pngjesssmile
Jess is a grad student who lives and breathes books.
She is the blogging face behind Such A Novel Idea and lives in Texas.


1. Hardcover or paperback?
Paperback all the way.  I love how a good paperback feels, especially when they put that coat on the cover.  I go out of my way to wait until the pb comes out if I can.  And there's nothing I hate more than a series that is a mixture of hb/pb. HAHA!

2. Book or e-copy?
I like reading an e-book, because A) It's easier to hold B) I can have so many books at my fingertips at any given moment, and C) it comes with its own built in light.  But, if I like a book, I always end up buying it in print.  And if it has a gorgeous cover, I buy it in print.  When the paperback version comes out, of course. :)

3. Library or bookstore?
Both.  I love OWNING books.  I hate giving them back.  But I also like free, so I'm torn.  I think libraries are an invaluable resource and love that it is something we have at our disposal!

4. New books or used books?
New.  I am a weird bibliophile who hates the way old books smell.

5. If you were in a book, what kind of character would you be?
Well, I think we'd all hope to be the hero, of course.  However, I'm pragmatic enough to know I probably am more sidekick material.  But like Hermione sidekick material, where I was invaluable to the whole operation and they would have never succeeded without me.


6. Would you want the book you were featured in to be turned into a movie? Who would play you?
I used to LOVE when my favorite books (Harry Potter, hello) were turned into movies.  But now, Hollywood is going kind of overboard.  And a bad movie ruins the book's reputation.  SO, I'd be hesitant.  And I think someone like Zooey Deschanel or Sara Rue would play me.  Quirky, funny, and smart.

7. If you could live in any possible genre, which would you choose and why?
Fantasy, because everyone knows I'd live at Hogwarts if I could.  Sans Voldermort and Death Eaters, of course.  And every time I say accio cup, or try to unfog my glasses like Hermione did for Harry, I get really sad that magic doesn't exist.

8. If you could meet any one author, who would you meet and why?
100% John Green.  He just seems like such a fun person and he is an amazing author. 


9. If there was a book about your life, what would it be called?
Hmm, that's a good one... How about "It All Works Out In The End"... Because, I'd probably want that to happen.  Or "Quirky Girl", because that's a pretty accurate description of me.

10. Which character in a book you've read most resembles you and why?
Well, one character that pops into mind is Kate from Die For Me by Amy Plum.  Kate is quiet, prefers reading, and is a strong, smart individual.  She also believes in people and has a fierce protectiveness for the ones she loves. So, yeah, I'd most humbly say I'm a lot like Kate.

11. How many times have you read your favorite book and will you read it again?
You can't ask a bibliophile to pick one favorite book.  But, I've read the Harry Potter series so many times I've lost count.  Back when there were only 3 and 4 books, I'd read them more than once a year.  If I was to estimate, I'd say over the years, I've probably read (at least the first three, which I got in 1999/2000) them 15-20 times easily.

 Jess can be found on:
Such a Novel Idea
Twitter
Facebook
Goodreads
Instagram
Pinterest
Tumblr
StumbleUpon

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me! I really enjoyed all your questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great question. Excellent responses Jess. I agree with you, I too love owning books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really like the smell of old books either-it may be an acquired taste!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!