Saturday, August 31, 2013

Interview with Jasmine of Flip That Page!

This week's interview is with Jasmine of Flip That Page! Jasmine's blog is absolutely beautiful (seriously, I love the blog design!) and she always comes up with really interesting content. It's not all just the normal stuff, it's really quite unique. She definitely deserves a visit! Onto the interview!

1. Hardcover or paperback?
  Paperback. I think hardcovers are pretty and stable and all that, but I make sure to take care of my books, so I have next to no problem when it comes to damage. I just think it's more practical to buy a paperback copy, since it's essentially of the same content.

2. Book or e-copy?
 Book. Nothing beats a physical copy! I have nothing against e-copies, mostly since I haven't tried any of them out, though I'm admittedly contemplating the idea. Books seem more accessible that way. Still. It's as if I need to feel the pages in between my fingers. Is that weird? Haha!

3. Library or bookstore?
 Bookstore. I only use the library for school. I'd rather read a book that's my own, thank you very much :)

4. New books or used books?
  New Books. There's something about flipping the pages open to a book for the first time, and knowing you're also the first person to have done that. I'm quite the neat freak when it comes to books, so I only buy used ones for required reading :D

5. If you were in a book, what kind of character would you be?
 Hero. But only 'cause I thrive in the spotlight.What? I like feeling special. Besides, heroes get to meet all the cool, attractive people, don't they? You gotta admit, that's a perk. Haha!

6. Would you want the book you were featured in to be turned into a movie? Who would play you?
 Yep, Analeigh Tipton. She's got the same build, personality, and that foreign vibe. Haha! Maybe a younger, tanner version with jet black hair would suffice. I grew to adore her since her ANTM stint, and she's a great actress. It's fitting.

7. If you could live in any possible genre, which would you choose and why?
 Contemporary. I don't think I'm cut out for thrillers or dystopian novels or anything else heavy handed and fantastical. I'd like to stick to realistic, girl problems. But only the interesting ones.

8. If you could meet any one author, who would you meet and why?
 Cassandra Clare. Just because.

9. If there was a book about your life, what would it be called?
 Jasmine. It's a simple, common word, but it's also my name. And wouldn't that be awesome if they started attributing it to me?

10. Which character in a book you've read most resembles you and why?
 As much as I hate to say it, America Singer. I mean, she was the worst headache in The Selection, and she complained a lot and doubted herself, but hey. That's me at times. On the other hand, she evolved quite well into an independent and clever woman, and yeah, I'd like to think that's me, too.

11. How many times have you read your favorite book and will you read it again?
 Only twice. I don't believe in incessant re-reading, because I like to preserve the book's specialty. It's a weird theory, but weird is good. And yes, I will reread it. I can't help myself.

Find Jasmine on:
 Flip That Page
Twitter
Tumblr
Goodreads

Thanks so much for letting me interview you, Jasmine!

3 comments:

  1. It's interesting that Jasmine has only reread her favorite book twice! I understand what she means about preserving its specialty, though. It would be awesome to meet Cassandra Clare! :)

    Sara at The Page Sage

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO thanks for the interview too! And thanks for the little advertisements :D I had fun answering the questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay-another contemporary girl! That's just the kind of story I'd choose too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!