Thursday, August 8, 2013

Dystopian Recommendations (2)



I absolutely love recommending books and I haven't recommended my readers any books in quite a while! I decided this time I'd recommend more dystopian books, because it's been quite a few months since I last did.

ONTO THE BOOKS!

Now, it's been a while since I flew through an ENTIRE series in a week. That's why when I flew through this monstrous trilogy, I knew it was a favorite. Todd lives on New World, since Old World has been pretty much destroyed. In other words: it's impossible to live there. In New World, the humans live on the planet along with the Spackle, an alien species. When the humans landed, the Spackle released a noise virus that killed all the women and caused the men's thoughts to be heard by everyone. Todd is the only boy left in New Prentisstown and it's only a while until he finally becomes a man. One day, while out with his dog, Todd finds a spot where no noise is heard. This is impossible. Or is it?


I've never read a book that could've really happened in real life that was actually an apocalyptic novel. That all changed when I read Gated by Amy Christine Parker. What happens in this novel is so chilling... it could've really happened. Lyla used to live in New York with her younger sister and her parents, though one day, her younger sister is taken, never to be seen again. Around the same time, 9/11 occurs. Since her parents are so vulnerable, they completely believe Pioneer when he says that he sees visions from the Brethren that the end is near. They all move to Mandrodage Meadows, where everyone prepares for the end of the world. They even built a silo for when it happens. There's also tons of rules that must be followed. Is the end of the earth really coming already?

Nadia lives in the future, where she was born into a rich family. She was told that she was to marry Nate, and she's absolutely fine with it. That is, until he end up dead and nobody knows who the murderer is. All that everyone knows is that she was the last to see him alive. This brings the reader into a huge exploration of the world as you dive deep into the mystery. Trust me, this isn't a book you want to miss. Plus, it's already in paperback, so it's not as expensive as a hardcover!

6 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to read Gated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should. It's so unlike anything that I've ever read.

      Delete
  2. Replica sounds good, I like the whole cloning/ relication thing, plus the cover is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got approved for Gated on Netgalley and I can't wait to get started on it and Replica sounds really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replica sounds great! Adding it to my endless TBR list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recommendations, all three of those sound really good! I'm actually reading Replica right now. ~Pam

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!