Sunday, August 4, 2013

Downright Discussion: Divergent Movie

As many of you are great fans of the book Divergent by Veronica Roth, I'm pretty sure that all of you have heard of the movie already, yes? I read the book over a year ago and thought it was pretty good... then I recently did a reread. I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. Divergent is definitely one of the best books I've read, so if you haven't read it, you definitely should. Alright, enough of me pushing books on you. Let's get down to business.

So there's going to be a movie based off of Divergent. There's been some photos released already and it's just making me more excited. Of course, I really like the casting. I did recently hear that Four's age has been changed to 24 though, so I'm a bit concerned about how they'll make that work in the movie. I bet it could work someway.

I'm really excited to see this world come to life on a screen. To see the characters and the clothing and the factions and JUST EVERYTHING. What do you guys think of the upcoming Divergent movie? How do you feel about the casting?

If you have any discussion topic ideas, I'd love it if you could leave some in the comments below!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved Divergent and Insurgent! I'm excited to see it on the big screen but I really hope they keep it true to the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAAAAT. I never knew they changed his age to 24! I mean, Theo James can totally pull of a teen. Or maybe a twenty-year old. I actually really loved the idea of Four being so young yet so independent and headstrong :( But anyway, I'm really excited for the movie-- I loved Shailene Woodley in The Spectacular Now! I'm kind of scared though, since I practically worshipped the book, and would be way disappointed if the adaptation doesn't do it justice, although I'm excited at the same time to see the characters I love to read about just spring to life. Great discussion Krystianna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theo James is perfect for Four. After seeing Descendants, I think Shailene Woodley will do a good job (I haven't seen The Spectacular Now yet, but I've heard great things about it (it opens August 9th where I am). Can't wait for the movie, but hope it stays true to the book (no changing main plot points or the ending, etc). ~Pam

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!