Sunday, August 4, 2013

Authors Are Rockstars Tour: Lisa M. Stasse!



I'm very honored and excited to be part of this amazing tour hosted by three lovely ladies: the owners Fiktshun, Two Chicks on Books, and Magical Urban Fantasy Reads. As soon as I was asked to host Lisa M. Stasse, I just couldn't contain my excitement. I'm still a bit overjoyed!

Lisa M. Stasse is a ROCKSTAR because...
She has written one of the best dystopian series I've ever read. The characters are so realistic and within pages you will come to love and care for them. You'll feel so attached as if you're actually journeying with the characters even though you're just a reader. The world Lisa M. Stasse has created in The Forsaken and The Uprising is just so interesting and intriguing. You as a reader will want to know everything about it, as well as its many secrets and lies. Lisa M. Stasse is just an amazing writer. She's really clever and I will definitely read anything she decides to write, as should you. 

Here's Lisa M. Stasse, the author of The Forsaken and The Uprising, with an awesome playlist! 

I always listen to music when I write. So here's a list of some of the stuff I was listening to when I wrote THE UPRISING! It's pretty eclectic. I feel like I could list about a hundred songs, but instead I'll just list my top 10:

1. "Kazuko" by Pharoah Sanders (an amazing song that I first heard in the French thriller "Love Crime," which is a fantastic movie starring Kristen Scott Thomas).

2. "Raise Your Weapon" by deadmau5 (I'm not super into the whole dubstep/EDM scene, but I do love this song!)

3. "The Mother We Share" by Chvrches (a fantastic band from the UK—I'm surprised they're not more popular over here, but maybe it will happen for them in time).

4. "Dance For You" by Dirty Projectors (a great indie rock band. One of my favorites).

5. "Erica's Word" by Game Theory (a really good 80's rock band that sounds kind of like REM).

6. "Nightcall" by Kavinsky (I've been in love with this song since I heard it in one of my favorite movies, "Drive." Kavinsky makes great music to write to).

7. Anything by Marnie Stern (an amazing female singer/guitarist).

8. Anything by Steve Malkmus (a great singer/songwriter who was once the main guy in the band Pavement).

9. "The Morning" by The Weeknd (such a great song! Love it!)

10. "Sign of Love" by Neil Young & Dave Grohl (another great song!)

Thank you so much Lisa! :)

Don't forget to check out the other stops! What author do you think is a dystopian rockstar?

Also, don't forget to check out my review of The Uprising, book 2 in Lisa's The Forsaken series! 

1 comment:

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!