Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A to Z Survey

AtoZsurvey
I've been loving this survey that I've been seeing all around the blogosphere lately! This is a survey created by The Perpetual Page-Turner!

Author you’ve read the most books from:


According to Goodreads, I've read 5 Maggie Stiefvater books and 5 James Patterson books as well... so it's a tie!

Best Sequel Ever:

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins... it was even better than The Hunger Games!

Currently Reading:

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
Skulk by Rosie Best
Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

Drink of Choice While Reading:

I'm obsessed with drinking frozen hot chocolate while I read. Oh, and don't forget the whipped cream!

E-reader or Physical Book?

I definitely prefer physical books. I actually don't even own an e-reader, though I should probably really consider purchasing one. I feel like I wouldn't get into an e-book as much as I would an actual physical book.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

Etienne St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss, most definitely.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand... it had been sitting on my shelf for way to long!

Hidden Gem Book:

Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

I'd definitely have to say that reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was a HUGE turning point in my reading life. I discovered dystopian novels!

Just Finished:

Relativity by Cristin Bishara

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

Nothing too romantic. I like light and fluffy contemporaries though.

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling (870 pages)

Major book hangover because of:

Looking for Alaska by John Green

Number of Bookcases You Own:

I have three bookcases though I have begun adding some of my books to random wall shelves.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Preferred Place To Read:

My bed, the couch, or on my bean bag!

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

"Just because it's fiction doesn't mean it's any less true." -Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer

Reading Regret:

I wish I read The Hunger Games back when it first came out, most definitely. Then I would've had to wait for the books!  Either that or I wish that I had started my blog WAY earlier than I did (July 2012)

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Fallen by Lauren Kate
The Chemical Garden Trilogy by Lauren DeStefano
The Immortals by Alyson Noel
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
If I Stay by Gayle Foreman
Gone by Michael Grant
Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London
Gemma Doyle by Libba Bray
Maximum Ride by James Patterson
Graceling Realm by Kristin Cashore
Rasmussem Corporation by Vivian Vande Velde
Watersong by Amanda Hocking
Elixir by Hilary Duff
Jessica by Beth Fantaskey
Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Summer by Jenny Han

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, The Selection by Kiera Cass, The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Noah Shaw. He's just so awesome in the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. 

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts

Worst Bookish Habit:

Hmmm.... I have a tendency to start series and never finish. Then I have tons of first books and no series on my shelves!

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Enclave by Ann Aguirre

Your latest book purchase:

I actually purchased 2 at the same time: 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad and Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card!

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

3:59 by Gretchen McNeil. This book was INSANE.

10 comments:

  1. I've got to read Looking for Alaska! I recently read TFIOS and it caused major hangover as well! Love reading your responses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read 3:59, that book sounds amazing. How can you not finish series?? :) With these crazy cliffhangers in every single book, I don't see how you do it. Gotta say, love Noah Shaw! Hope you're enjoying All Our Yesterdays, that book was fantastic! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this survey around too, looks fun =) I've read quite a few Maggie Stiefvater books as well. Loved the Shiver trilogy and The Scorpio Races.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have many comments to your survey!

    1) The Hunger Games was a huge turning point in my reading life too. :)
    2) HP & OotP was the longest book I read as well
    3) You need to read the rest of the Across the Universe and Hush, Hush books. Both are amazing series!!!!!
    4)HG and the Selection series are two of my favorite series as well
    5) Loved reading your answers :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness I don't have ANYTHING on your series list! And you NEED to finish the Gemma Doyle trilogy and the Graceling trilogy because they are both so amazing! Bitterblue was one of my favourite reads of 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This survey is so fun!! :) I don't even know what to comment on first, haha. Noah Shaw is amazing, as are the HP books, The Maze Runner, THG, Anna and the French Kiss, and so many of the other books you listed!

    Sara at The Page Sage

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great survey! I did this one last Friday:) Wow, you need to finish a LOT of series, I would definitely finish VA, loved that series myself. Noah! Love him:)

    Eveline's Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great survey! We have the same important moments, and one of the same favorite places to read! I need to finish The Graceling Realm as well.

    Check out my answers:

    http://qaisracetusbookblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/a-to-z-bookish-survey.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this survey post. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm...frozen hot chocolate sounds yummy-will need to check that out as I'm usually a hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!