Friday, July 26, 2013

Radical Read-Along Day 1 Discussion

How did you guys enjoy the reading yesterday? I really enjoyed it!

Here's some of my thoughts so far:

I love this whole idea of a purpose with angels. I've never really read an angel book besides Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, so I'm really loving this book so far, and the awesome concepts that Cynthia Hand has come up with.

I'm pretty sure there's going to be a love triangle. I'm guessing this because I have seen the team signs for Unearthly, though I'm not sure who I'm going to root for yet. Tucker v. Christian.

Wyoming seems pretty cool. I've never been to Wyoming, though the school that Clara is going to now sounds really cool and interesting.

I love how Clara's mom is over 100 years old. I think this is really cool too. The angels are immortal.

I'm not sure how I feel about Kay. She's already getting on my nerves.

I think it's super sweet that Wendy let Clara sit with her for lunch. I assume it's really hard to make new friends when you go to a new school, so it's really nice that Wendy let Clara sit with her. To think that Clara thought she wouldn't make any friends!

I think it's pretty awesome that Clara's hair is orange now. I'm actually having a hard time picturing the orange hair because I'm picturing it a carrot color, but I still think it's pretty fantastic. I'd love for my hair to be a cool color, if only for a bit!

Best Quotes

"In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees."

"I moved here from California about a year ago,because I heard such great things about the fudge."

Be sure to link up your discussion as well as your challenge response to Laura at Music Plus Books' Cover Remake Challenge!


11 comments:

  1. I am tired of love triangles in YA...but I'll try to keep an open mind about it since I'm really enjoying this book so far. We haven't really had a chance to get to know the guys yet, so maybe I'll feel differently later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, I'm getting pretty tired of it too. I'm just waiting for the huge breakdown that Clara will probably have where she'll be super confused because she 'loves' them both. Haha, oh well, I can't be sure. I'm crossing my fingers, hoping for the best!
      Laura @ Music Plus Books

      Delete
    2. For some reason I love love triangles so much. But then again my books seem to not all be filled with love triangles.

      Delete
  2. Are angels immortal? :O I don't even know, so much to still find out! I think what Wendy did was sweet too! She just seems too nice to me. :/ Oh and! About Clara's hair, you can see it on the other cover. I think it's the UK/Australian cover! It's portrayed really well.
    Laura @ Music Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think I lied there. I don't think they are!

      Delete
  3. I love that her hair is orange too. You can see the other covers 9that Laura mentioned on Cynthia Hand's website: http://www.cynthiahandbooks.com/

    So pretty!

    Jenna @ Rather Be Reading YA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree I think the school does sound super interesting! Wyoming does seem cool too...I feel like I haven't read any books that have taken place there (YA at least).

    Dee @ Dee's Reads

    My Discussion Post day 1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love triangles are so not my thing--I don't think there are really all that many love triangles in real life high school...but then again, perhaps there are as it has been awhile since I have been in high school. ;-)

    Happy Reading!
    Stephanie (Love. Life. Read)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!