Wednesday, July 31, 2013

2013 B2M Review: Beautiful Creatures

I read this book back in the beginning of the year before the movie was released in hopes of seeing it in the theater. I was so excited the night I went to see it. But, what do you know? The movie was removed from my theater. It wasn't even out 2 weeks yet. Maybe not enough people went to see it? Anyway, I finally watched it in the beginning of this month. I enjoyed it quite a lot, though I've heard some pretty bad reviews. I thought it was a good movie, though I don't remember all the details from the book anymore since it's been so long. I loved the characters, especially Ridley. I think she was so cool and her clothes were fantastic. The way she was portrayed was amazing. I also thought Seraphina was pretty good as well as Lena and Ethan. I did recognize a couple of changes, especially in the ending. I typically think that if you look at this more like a  movie rather than an adaptation, it will be much more enjoyable. I was actually a bit confused by the ending, because I wasn't sure exactly what happened. I can't even exactly explain it. The ending did leave an opening for another movie, though I'm not sure if the other movie is going to happen. 
I really loved the book when I read it. I actually bought the boxed set with books 1, 2, and 3 because I was super excited to continue the series. Hopefully I'll be able to continue it soon before my brain get any foggier from what happened. I definitely suggest seeing the movie before you read the book, because it will be much more enjoyable, in my opinion. 

6 comments:

  1. I wasn't a huge fan of the movie but I didn't like the book..mostly because of how it depicted the south!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should reread the book again and then watch the movie. My feelings might change.

      Delete
  2. I heard such negative things about the movie before I watched it so my expectations were pretty low. Which may be why I enjoyed it. There were a lot of differences between the movie and the book, especially the ending. I ended up searching around and found a few sites that discussed in detail the differences between the movie and the book. Some changes you could see why they made them (it's usually a time thing) but others I have no idea why. I didn't love the movie, but it was fun and entertaining. ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even right after the movie came out, I didn't hear much about it so I knew it probably didn't do well. I finally saw it a few weeks ago and I liked it. It's been so long since I read the book that I don't remember it all though. I'm currently listening to the second book on my iPod and now I really wish I'd listened to them all a lot closer together. There's just SO MUCH that I've forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it and I didn't remember much either. :b

      Delete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!