Wednesday, July 17, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge Day 1!


So I decided to join in on the 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge hosted by Good Books and Good Wine!
I know I'm kind of joining in a bit late, but that's okay... right? I thought it would be a good way for you guys to get to know me a bit. I also wanted to join because I did a challenge similar to this last year but it was twice as long! I really enjoyed it and I'm excited to do something similar.

Here's le schedule:

So as you can see up there ^^ today I'm giving you 15 book related confessions! So let's get on with it, shall we?

  1. I don't dog ear my pages. It just gives me chills when people do that! I really don't like having my pages have marks on them, even if the book is used. I do have one exception though... I will occasionally do this with library books. I guess for some reason I'm okay with that because it doesn't have to sit on my shelves.
  2. The book that mainly got me into reading was The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Yes, it's true. I also found out about the dystopian genre after reading The Hunger Games. It just got me obsessed with reading and I have had to be reading a book all the time since then!
  3. I prefer series over standalones. This may surprise you, but it's true. I find myself complaining about series yet I love them. I don't know what it is. Maybe because I feel like I spend more time with the characters and I come to really love them? I have no clue!
  4. I actually love love triangles. I know most people tend to dislike love triangles, but I really love them for some reason! They let me root for a character and I just love it. I do get a little frustrated when the main character doesn't choose the one that I'm rooting for though, but then again, it wasn't my decision!
  5. The Hunger Games is my favorite movie that originated as a book. I think it was fantastically done!
  6. I'm bad at writing reviews as soon as I read a book. I'm usually way behind with this. I'm actually behind with one review right now, though I'm going to try to get it up really soon!
  7. I love dystopian books. This one is probably really clear. I just love thinking about the world in the future and I always find myself thinking about it. I mean, most of the scenarios could probably not happen ever, but it's still fun to think about and imagine.
  8. I love covers. I think this goes for everybody who reads books. I will pick up a certain book just because of the cover.
  9. I only recently started letting people borrow my books. I used to hate letting people borrow my books, but I recently decided just to let people borrow them. If I want to talk books with people, I do have to let them read the book first.
  10. I like books to at least have a little bit of romance. I don't know why, but I always want to have a little bit... at least.
  11. I love series, but I am bad at buying the next books. By the time the next book comes out, I tend to have forgotten what happened. Sometimes I think it's better to binge read when the entire series finally comes out. I recently did this with Patrick Ness' Chaos Walking Trilogy and it was amazing. Everyone should pick up that series!
  12. I try to keep my books nice. I don't like stains or marks or anything.
  13. I can never get my bookshelves quite right. I'm always reorganizing them because I can never decide how I want them. My favorite so far has been by color because it looks so nice in my room!
  14. I have over 100 unread books on my shelf. I did count them once, but I have forgotten the number... and I'm pretty sure it has gone up.
  15. If I don't like a book, I finish it anyway. I feel like there's always a chance that I may change my mind after continuing. Not sure if this is the best choice, because sometimes I then feel like not reading anything.
  16. Yes, I know this is only supposed to be 15, but I had to do a 16th. I mean, 16 is my lucky number. Anyway, I get the worst book hangovers. If any of you noticed, I was just about completely absent throughout April. If you want to know the main reason, it's because of Looking for Alaska by John Green. I read it and then afterwards I couldn't get into anything else. I think it's because of the explosion of awesomeness, but it was just horrible. Everything I picked up I couldn't get into. 
What are some of your bookish confessions?


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you joined the challenge! And of course it's OK that you didn't start it at the same time as everyone else :)

    I think it's an awesome way to get to know other bloggers better, and I love your answers.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you on 3, 4, 7, and 10, and 15. I really complain about series, especially the killer cliffhangers, but I absolutely love them! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate dog eared pages! I have loads of bookmarks and scrap paper all over the place to avoid that specific problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A true book nerd NEVER dog ears pages. Or cracks to spine. It makes me shudder when they crack the spine... URGH...

    Followed! (I’d also really appreciate a bloglovin’ follow and a comment on my post in return!)

    My Day 1

    - Nova @ Musings of a Blogder

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!