Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Update on 2013 Book Blogging Goals

In the beginning of the year, I made some goals to reach by the end of the year. I totally forgot about them! I actually found them while I was looking through some of my old posts for fun. Once I found the post, I decided to try and see how much I've accomplished. Trust me, it isn't much.


  1. Either continue or finish series.  I actually only finished two series so far this year, though they both had great endings. I finished the Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater and the Matched trilogy by Ally Condie. 
  2. Reach twice as many followers as I have now by the end of the year. (600!) I've actually accomplished 26% of this. I only say that because I am pretty sure I set this as a GFC goal.
  3. Finish at least 108 books, if not more. I'm actually 12 books behind on my Goodreads challenge, mostly because I've been so busy. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to overcome the challenge during the summer, and hopefully I'll get ahead.
  4. Read more books that are movies or soon-to-be movies. This one I actually did! I read Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl as well as Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. I also saw both of those movies as well as the Perks of Being a Wallflower movie and The Host movie.
  5. Finish at least 3/4 of the books on my shelf that I haven't read. Yeah, I'm not quite sure why I set this as a challenge. Definitely not going to achieve this one...
  6. Read at least 15 contemporaries. I've actually only read 5 this year: The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg, Looking for Alaska by John Green, Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews, and Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott.
  7. Read more John Green. I've actually only read one John Green book this year and it was Looking for Alaska. 
  8. Read more Jennifer L. Armentrout. This one hasn't happened yet.
  9. Read all of the books released by Cassandra Clare. I did start reading City of Bones again because I want to reread it before the movie, though I kind of forgot about it and read other books. So I've gotta pick this one up again. Hopefully I'll get caught up over the summer!
  10. Review at least 75 dystopian books. I'm pretty confident in this one actually. I may have only reviewed 19 dystopians so far this year, though I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get more in no time.
What were your blogging goals? How are you doing on them? 

19 comments:

  1. Good goals. I like your #1 answer b/c I didn't like the ending to either series. I actually quit reading one author after the ending to one of the above mentioned series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) I'm hoping to continue sticking to my goals.

      Delete
  2. Me too! I hope to double my followers! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some really good goals! And you've reminded me that I should go make sure I've been working on the ones I set at the beginning of the year! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been considering setting a last six months list of goals. I wasn't blogging seriously at the beginning of the year so I didn't really set any goals. This one is great!

    Tsuki @ Tsuki's Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the goals. My main goal this year has been to post every week even if life makes it difficult to do so, which is why I'm thankful for meme's this summer. I like Cassandra Clare's books, though book four will drive you crazy, probably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) I'm actually going to start reading her books as soon as I'm done with the Chaos Walking Trilogy.

      Delete
  6. I like goal number 4. I am currently trying to do the same thing but for movies releasing in 2014. There are a ton of them and I want to be prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post about your goals! I always set a series of book and blogging goals at the beginning of the year too! I love Maggie S. And Cassie Clare and I have a love/hate relationship--though I don't think she's aware of it! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed with your goals! I have none, and still feel like I'm not meeting anything haha. I like the idea of reading more books that are being made into movies. I always say that to myself, and never follow through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To me it looks like you've accomplished quite a bit in six months. And you still have another six to do the rest. :)

    btw, wasn't Warm Bodies (esp. the book) just fantastic? I loved that book SO much!
    I have seen The Host movie as well, but that was pretty meh, imo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :)

      Yes I LOVED Warm Bodies the book too! I heard that it was going to have a sequel now too!! :)

      Delete
  10. Your no 5 goal is insane! I am always adding new books to my stack and I never seem able to jump ahead as I think is happening with you. Good luck accomplishing everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's pretty insane. I'm sure it'll never happen! :)

      Delete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!