Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summer of Stand Alones Challenge hosted by Books With Cass!

Cassie at Books with Cass is hosting a Summer of Stand Alones Challenge, and I've decided to join!
This is actually my first challenge too!

This is a low-pressure challenge. All you have to do is set a goal for yourself on how many stand alones you'd like to read. That's why I think this is the perfect challenge. :)

I'm hoping to read about 10 books. 

This is a rough list of the books I'd like to read, though it may change:
Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
The Crossroads by Chris Grabenstein
Empty by Suzanne Weyn
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
The Unidentified by Rae Mariz
Girl, Stolen by April Henry
When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle
The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer

I definitely think that you should go check out this challenge, because it seems like such a fun challenge. Also, as Cassie mentioned, there are many series and this seems like a great way to try to get away from those for a while.


3 comments:

  1. This seems like a lot of fun. Thinking I might join in to. Hmmmm.

    Good luck!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking how I need to cut back on the ridiculous number of series I am reading right now! I haven't heard of all of these, but the half I have I LOVED. Dessen and Zevin are both fantastic authors, and Zevin in particular has such a wide range of genres she writes in (Elsewhere was my introduction to her. If you haven't read her Birthright series you should - dystopian interests and whatnot), and Before I Fall and House of Scorpion just really suck you in. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!