Thursday, June 6, 2013

5 Star Review Book Recommendations!

This week, I decided I'd recommend books that I gave 5 stars to. I've actually been giving lots of 5 star reviews lately. I guess I've just been reading all the right books!

The Immortal Rules by Julie KagawaI just finished this one and it was absolutely amazing. There were so many characters and it was just so complex. The whole vampire apocalypse is one of those trends that I'm absolutely in love with. If you're looking for a read that's really bold and adventurous, pick this one up. I really love Julie Kagawa now, she's definitely one of my favorite authors.


 Rush by Eve SilverThis book was so cool. It had aliens and a great love interest. It was interesting because it was like a look into life after death in a science fiction view point. If you're looking for a very unique read, definitely pick this one up.






 Looking for Alaska by John GreenI hadn't expected to like this book as much as I did, mostly because I didn't know much about it besides the fact that it was contemporary. But HOLY COW! John Green just has a way of writing that sucks everyone in. This is definitely a new favorite of mine and I actually went through a reading slump for almost two months after reading this book. If you're looking for a book that you won't be able to stop thinking about, read this one!



What are some of your 5 star favorites?



13 comments:

  1. I want to read the Immortal Rules!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check it out, it's absolutely amazing! :)

      Delete
  2. Looking for Alaska is one of my all time favorite books. John Green's writing is simply amazing <3 I tried reading The Immortal Rules, but couldn't get into it, so I might try it again later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really liked Looking for Alaska. I'm definitely going to reread it sometime in the future. I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't get into The Immortal Rules.

      Delete
  3. Looking for Alaska is definitely my favorite John Green book, and one of my all-time favorites. He's so witty, yet deep at the same time that my brain explodes trying to figure out how he does it. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read The Fault in Our Stars and Looking for Alaska, so I definitely have to read more of his books!

      Delete
  4. Love looking for alaska and the immortal rules! I never read Rush, but now I will check it out:) PS: new follower on bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to look up Rush. I have read other books by Eve Silver and really liked them. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am actually reading Looking for Alaska at the moment. I just love John Green! The Fault in Our Stars was amazing too! I don't know if you've read it yet but if you haven't you should definiely check out Paper Towns. It's one of my favourites! :)

    Joana @ Joana In The Sky With Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Rush on my Kindle and now I'm super excited to read it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice-the last 5 star book I read was Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. I wasn't sure if it could live up to Eleanor and Park but it managed that feat!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!